Can I eliminate my Rope Starter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebring26

Reaction score
Can I get rid of the rope/Pull starter on the side of my motor and replace it with a cover from a newer Warrior? I've never used it.

Thanks!

yes....just take the 8mm or alan head bolts whichever you have out of the rope pull starter(part 14) , then there is a the piece that the rope pull cacthes on (part 13 in the pic)..youll need a 7/8 or a 17mm cant remeber which it was , i thnk 7/8 socket , and some vise grips or channel locks to hold the (part 13) and take out the 7/8 bolt....then on the newer warrior there is a sleeve that goes in (part 13s) place then put the bolt back in and put on ur new cover ....it sound ALOT harder then it is , it ez man you can do it http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/showschematic/m8032sch221683

Would you be willing to sell the starter mechanism? Been looking for some backup. Could even send you the covers and stuff for eliminating the starter.

Could you not just get the cover like what is on the warriors that didnt come with the rope starter, take the rope starter off then put the cover on it?

That was already covered... need to remove the internal hardware for the recoil starter first... read the 2nd reply...

Back