Cam selection help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan2000

Reaction score
Hello fellow members, this is my first post and im looking for some help from others with some experience.
Ok, so 2 years ago i rebuilt my 1990 warrior, i ported and polished the head, bored the jug 20 over i believe it was, put in a higher compression wiseco forged piston (can't remember how much), removed the air box lid and made the exhaust free flowing and jetted the carb accordingly, BUT i left the factory cam but with new valves and associated valve train parts.

And it ran great until now due to my dad skimping out on some cheap gaskets and valve seals that have now reared their ugly heads due a nice trail of smoke lol

I am getting a job next semester at college and i am planning on setting money aside to once again tear the motor down to repair the head, so i figured while it's apart why not throw in a nice cam to go along with the other modifications. Now if you are still reading I thank you for paying this much attention and this brings me to my question.

What would be a good cam for me? I mostly trail ride and mud a little, with some sand dunes on the side.
Thank you for your time and suggestions. :atv:

Last edited:
Kibble white are the recommended springs on the Webcam site. I havent run it personally, but there is lots of feedback on this site about it and if I can find one I want one in my selection. On your piston since its a Wiesco it would have to be 10.25:1 compression since you siad it was higher compression.

I'm gonna be putting the Web .390 in my 357 magnum warrior engine build this winter
already have it just need some other parts

like i say again and again people; we need to set up a meet at the mounds for all us Michiganders! next year in the spring?

Welcome!

I saw upgrade the springs (kibblewhite HD springs) and pop in a web or Mega. .390 is a great all around cam. Look under the tutorials section for more cam related posts. Any JasonP thread has all the info you'll every need.

If you all are waiting on a response from me it'll be a month before I get back home.
I'm still working on getting my 38mm Mikuni tuned it.

I ran the hc with 15/40 gearing and it pulled super hard. You could feel just how light the front end felt once the engine got on the cam.
The hc is for sure a good cam.

Back