cam questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzdude250f

Reaction score
I have my motor build figured out .20 over with a 10;25;1 piston, kibblewhite valves and springs, port and polish,Now i want a .430 lift cam but im not sure if i want the powroll mid range or race cam in the .430 lift or a web cam. Can anyone help out.?

ok i wasn't sure will i be pretty happy with the setup i have chosen.

is the diff. between a .390 and .430 huge im used to riding in the upper rpm, thats why i opted for a .430. maybe some one could help me chose.

with the .390 you get an all around increase in power but most difference is in lower end. the .430 you accually loose some low end power but gain more upper rpm power.

So its sounds the .390 will give me more all around "pep" over the .430 which may feel flat down low, i ride woods mainly but am used to the high rpm on my yz250f its hard to pick a cam because this quad was burning oil bad when i got it for free so i never rode it, leaving me nothing to compare too i hear warriors are tractors so i wasn't so sure.

So its sounds the .390 will give me more all around "pep" over the .430 which may feel flat down low, i ride woods mainly but am used to the high rpm on my yz250f its hard to pick a cam because this quad was burning oil bad when i got it for free so i never rode it, leaving me nothing to compare too i hear warriors are tractors so i wasn't so sure.

Warriors are not the fastest, but they are far from tractors. Like elwood siad you do trail riding so the .390 would probably be best. obviosly it wont be like your yz but they will still get up and scoot. Especially since your doing a mild biuld.

Hey if it pulls hard and feels "fast" i will be happy just glad i asked before i went ahead and went with the .430. i think .390 would be the best bet, now by no means am i considering hotcams but are powroll and web far far better because i believe there stage one is .394 but from what i read not quite as good as far as duration goes.Also between the brands web and powroll which is better or is it just preference. Lastly after the motor build i just need rear tires chain and sprockets and rebuild the a arms and im set, The quad has a k n filter with outwear, rmstator cdi coil and stator and I did the banshee shock mod a cobra go ahead and say it junk a$$ deafening pipe that will get replaced with hmf down the road.

On cam brands its basically preference between webcams, poweroll, and megacycle. Sounds like you've got a good start and a plan moving forward.

hi...its maybe a noob question but can anyone explain what .390 means?
i have a hotcam st 2 myself but only cause its the only 1 available here in ger.

zaT

ahhh ok so the .430 has the same lift as a stage 2 but more duration too?
cause of the duration is there much more powerfull in higher rpm->is it worth to get 1 instead to keep the stage 2?

zaT

i allready have kibblewhite springs..but that wasnt the answer of my question :p

zaT

yes the .430 has more duration the a HC stage 2, which is why the springs are needed. As for worth the difference I haven't used both to compare if it is worth swapping. And fyi with the webcams, powroll, and megacycle you need to send them your stock cam and then they build it up and reface it.

hi..ty for the answers guys..maybe heres someone who tested both cams and can tell how much the difference is.maybe i would buy 1 and wait 2 weeks till its here :D

zaT

Back