cam problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior15

Reaction score
i have an 01 warrior with basic mods and just installed a wiseco piston and a hotcam, and now my bike barely runs. it will start and idle very roughly and when it is given any gas it will bog down and just stall any ideas would be nice.

i have a dynojet jet kit that was installed with my white bros pipe. i think the chain probably did move a tooth because it was apart for a while and wasn't being supported by anything except the chain tensior. how can that be corrected?

You will have to remove the cam cover, and the timing plug on the left side of the motor. Then you have to line up the timing mark on the flywheel, then see if the the mark on the cam sprocket is lining up with the mark on the head. If it's off, you'll have to remove the tensioner, then remove the cam bolt. Then holding the chain, lower the sprocket and rotate it so that the line on the sprocket lines up with the mark on the head.

on the flywheel mark does it line up to the T or the F mark on the flywheel?

I was wondering the same thing....I can't even find the T....but the F is clearly visible when I turn it.

Anyone?

The T is the mark.

You need to pull the plug on the tensioner to unload the spring prior to removal. In doing so, you can see how many "clicks" are left before it is fully extended (fully extended means "new timing chain"). When reinstalling it, compress it fully, install, then add spring and plug.

also when adjusting the timing it says to turn the cam/sprocket as far clockwise to eliminate the slack on the left side of the chain, and the right side has the tensioner

i found out my timing was right, but my quad still doesn't run right i don;t know what it is now

no leaks i have a new intake booty thing and all the connections and airbox is tight

Back