Cam installation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it takes me no more than 30 minutes (pulling old one out and installing new one)
once you've done it a few times it just keeps getting easier and you learn faster ways to do it.

Once you pull the cam gear . The cam is right after an a simple pull out?

after the cam gear there is a lock retainer with 2 10mm bolts remove that then pull cam just make sure you line up the timing marks to TDC on cam and flywheel before you start this process and don't drop the chain down into the case use a wire or small bungy cord to hold it up in the cam area otherwise you'll have to pull the stator cover and flywheel to complete the job

Just asking is 450 a good deal for labor and parts to install cam,re-build carb,re-jet carb,all bearings and advance the timing??

Ok heres my deal I want more power low end and some top end . I believe I've done everything externaly slip-on,air intake, 14-38 gears, hi rev CDI. now by adding a hot cam I know I would get more power but is that a simple bolt on for power or do I have to do more internal to accommodate the hot cam??

But if you want to get the most out of the hotcam a p&p will help harness all its power

Thanks guys, by adding a hot cam will it take away from the engines durability ?? I know when adding big bore kits and valves etc etc the famous warrior built proof engines will no longer be of that.

@yamahauler a p&p require a big bore kit correct ??

P.s please bare with me I'm still learning

nope a port & polish is just cleaning & opening up and smoothing(polish) the intake and exhaust ports in the head for better flow doesn't require any other mods.

And the stage 1 hotcam doesn't take away any of the warriors reliability just as good as stock only better.

Ok so what we'll be the best cam for my set up ?? I've read the camshaft topic in the tutorial section and I know to stay away from hot cam so I will go with webcams but I'm confusioned with all the ratios of the cams . My set up will include hi revs CDI, 14/38 gears, re jetted carb,air intake system, bigger exhuast pipe after curve with cobra slip on, +1 on timing advancement

Will I have to set the timing one tooth up even with the Vito kit?

No you just set the timing to stock specs and when you replace the stock sheer key for the flywheel magneto with the +4 Vito's key it will advance the timing 4 degrees when you put the flywheel and magneto back on the crank shaft

Got you ..i should have done this when I did the one-way clutch ..
Ok so ordering today
Hotcam stage 1
Jet kit stage 1
Vito's key
Sounds about right??

Whats the best deal you guys are finding on Hot Cams? Thinking about doing this myself

@beastly man I don't know I'm just doing what I thought others do I don't even know about jetting lol please explain why single jets are better

Back