Cam Chain Tensioner

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobyboy26

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my top end freshly rebuilt... I was out riding today and my quad started making a ticking noise... Then my quad started loosing power and smoking, and my pipe got really f*cken loud it was crazy. After shutting the quad off I checked out to see what in the world was the problem.

After a couple seconds of inspecting the problem, I saw a screw on the motor. I was like **** where does this come from? Then I lifted my head and saw that a screw was missing from the Cam Chain Tensioner (bottom screw) so of course the Cam Chain Tensioner got loose... Could this have given my all these problems ? Loss of Power... Loud Pipe... and Smoke ? If I just put it back will my problem be fixed ? Thankx !

Highly doubt it sounds like you have a bigger problem..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

I'd also look for a new mechanic lol.. I've never seen 2 rebuilds in 7 months lol even with the vertex piston.. Mine ran over a year and a half with the vertex never had a problem I just changed cause I wanted head work done and higher comp and a bigger cam..

Sorry to hear that you are having problems again man. hope its not a big issue

Back