Cam Bearing Failure

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine split earlier and ready to be welded on. thanks for the link though. i started to buy that set last week lol.

Hey man was your bike making any weird sounds before it happened? Or did it just happen out of the blue? Cause my bike is ticking like crazy and I adjusted the valves correctly and it still ticks bad wondering if it is my cam bearings like yamahaulers

Nothing out of the ordinary really. Sounded normal and happened out of the blue. It was overdue for an oil change as well, so I attribute some of the issue to that.

Damn man that sucks sorry to hear about your loss!! Haha did you see the pics of that cam?

good news:

warriorcase.jpg

So uhm yeah, I am stuck once again on this thing. I finally got the case back yesterday and the engine back together and in the frame. I have had to stop in my tracks.

How do you get the cam bearing off the camshaft. In my case I have the inner race stuck on the cam. It will not budge and I just barely got the thing to spin in place. What now? I don't have a press or bearing puller.

Runs great! I immediately cracked a smile. No weird sounds anywhere, no leaks, etc..

Also, felt right away the difference in throttle response since i did that valve stem cap mod to the carb.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited:
Back