busted a tie rod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarheadoo7

Reaction score
any recommendations on what to buy for a replacement? i blew out the outer rod on the passenger? wheel if that makes sense.. good thing i wasn't going fast man the tire flops around a lot when there is nothing supporting it!!

Do you want to just replace the rods or replace everything as a set with heavier duty stuff? You might spend $30 or more for stronger replacement rods still using the stock tie rod ends, or for about $100 you can get a whole new setup with 12mm rods and ends which are a lot stronger than the little 10mm stock ones.

Either way, do not buy Tusk brand rod ends or anything that appears to be manufactured the same, the Tusk ends are built like crap and will last you 6 months if you're lucky.

thanks for steering me clar of TUSK man ebay is pushing htme liek crazy and its hard to sya no for the $. but if they are crap.. ESPECIALLY on tie rods no thanks..

ill keep the thread updated on what i decide to do.. I havent decided if i wana upgrade the while thing or just then ends.. i might check out the metal shop and maybe fab up my own set ..

Yeah I got screwed with those damn Tusk ends twice, i don't want to see it happen to anybody else. The first time I got just a set of stock style replacement ends for $30 which seemed like a deal, lasted me about 3 or 4 months and the rubber boots just split and cracked apart like 30 years of dry rot.

The second time I got screwed by them I bought a male threaded rod (Honda style) kit from trailtracksand.com, spent like $120 shipped on it but at least it wasn't junk Tusk stuff (or so I thought). The box shows up on my doorstep a week later, open it up, and there's a Tusk sticker in the bag. I was so pissed! But I needed them that weekend so I put them on and hoped for the best. The best I got was about 5 months before 3 of the 4 joints were so sloppy I was worried they were going to pop apart if a strong gust of wind blew by.

I went with a 12mm kit like the ASR one and never had a problem after that.

i remember you saying this before and i was ready to get them. Glad i saved the money. I cant remember what i bought when i replaced mine but they're still goin strong, def not tusk tho

I agree on the tusk product, I had the honda style tusk rods and they lasted about 8 months before the ends went to ****. I actually ended up breaking one of the rods clean in half on a ride coming out of a berm, quad flipped, the whole deal jus sucked

Back