burnt up cdi box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrap350

Reaction score
I know this is not a yamaha question but maybe someone can help? I have a 2001 artic cat 300 and it has fouled the spark plugs about twice a year since new and about 6 months ago it i went to crank it and it wouldnt start, hooked up the battery charger and the cdi box started smoking. what would cuz this you think?

i dont know but i would say something is shorted.... good luck with that mess tho.... you gotta make sure all of the wires are good and i would think buy a new cdi and hope it doesnt happen again

2001 300? thats the rear mount engine isn't it? if so it's all suzuki parts. engine and all. that was before arctic cat started making there own engines... it should be cheaper to buy parts under suzki than arctic cat

yeah its suzuki, a oem cdi is $428, someone said that if the voltage regulator goes out or puts out to much voltage it could cause the cdi to burn out. the voltage regulator has a hole burned through on the back side of it too so it burnt up to.
i just wanted to make sure what it is before i spend the money on a new one and it goes out again. i checked all exposed wires and cant find and thing rubbing. before it bit the dust it would start and run but idled rough and when u gave it gas it would pop and sputter so i thought it was a jet pluged up or something, went threw the carb and cleaned everything then a few days later is when it smoked the cdi box

Back