Buddy has an 87....What Shocks Fit..??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickofit

Reaction score
Okay,my buddy has an 87 he's been restoring...stock shocks on it are toast,stock length arms.

So I need to know what year shocks will fit....Looking through ebay,Works has them listed for 87-89 and 90-04.

I know the stock 87-89's had a slightly shorter shock than the newer years,but will the 90-04's bolt up fine,or does he have to get the ones for his year..??...Was always under the impression all years fit the 87(stock length),but want to make sure before I order some up for him.

Damn 87-89's... always gotta mod stuff a bit to fit,LOL.

I'll have to get some pics up of it,very nice 87,and something that has us stumped,is his front plastics don't have the black extensions along the outer edges,and don't have the holes from ever being there.Were thinking they must be aftermarket front plastics..??

TIA guys..!!

87-88 had 14" shocks. 89-04 had 14.7" shocks. The newer shocks do work if I'm not mistaken, they are just nearly 3/4" longer, but the eyelets are the same. Will jack the front end up a bit, and you may have to adjust the toe out so as not to get twichy steering. I just got a brand new pair of works at steelers for my 88, absolutely love em!

The newer shocks do work but banshee shocks work better then newer warrior shock on the 87 as they are a little softer so they dont rise to front

Back