Broken old people thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
Yeah the astro is the same as a safari but I think you had the old body style. I had the new one. Not too bad, I'll do another. Northstar is all you have to say, and I don't want anything to do with it. lol. What do you for your knees man? I don't take anything but should. My legs are super strong from riding horses my whole life, just my knees suck ass.
Both of my knees are shot, and I've had surgery on my left knee 3 times.. I've been working on oil rigs for the better part of 15 years now. It's taken it's toll on my body.
But I found that taking "shark cartilage" capsules helps my joints a lot. If your problem stems from your joints?

Last edited by a moderator:
I take Aleve for my rheumatoid arthritis,tendinitis,and knee's or whatever else aches in my body and it seams to work pretty darn good if I remember to take 2 in the morning that is

Yeah the astro is the same as a safari but I think you had the old body style. I had the new one. Not too bad, I'll do another. Northstar is all you have to say, and I don't want anything to do with it. lol. What do you for your knees man? I don't take anything but should. My legs are super strong from riding horses my whole life, just my knees suck ass.
The quacks always told me regular dose of Ibuprophen, but I dont like to take things all the time. Your body can get dependent on them. Usually when the bother my its either 4 Tylenol or IB. Some day Im gonna make an appt. and tell Im not leaving until they figure out and fix my knees. Its nothing for me to be walking and one of my knees give out for no reason. My legs are strong as all get out, between riding bikes as a kid, horses until about 5 years ago and quads the muscles have stayed strong.

The quacks always told me regular dose of Ibuprophen, but I dont like to take things all the time. Your body can get dependent on them. Usually when the bother my its either 4 Tylenol or IB. Some day Im gonna make an appt. and tell Im not leaving until they figure out and fix my knees. Its nothing for me to be walking and one of my knees give out for no reason. My legs are strong as all get out, between riding bikes as a kid, horses until about 5 years ago and quads the muscles have stayed strong.

I have to watch taking stuff like the shark cartilige. I'm allergic to shell fish and many of the joint supplements are dirrived from it. Yeah I can easily kill someone with legs alone. All the freakin muscle on them is stupid. Idk what riding you used to do, but, I ride english and compete. Haven't done much competing this year because I've been bringing along a green horse. But, when you play Polocrosse, you get fit quick just by riding to work on your stick and ball skills. People think riding is for pussies, but, it is the most intense workout you will ever get. Unless you are sitting there like a rock going for a pony ride. lol. No other sport has you working your muscles as constantly.

Last edited:
I remember doing some crazy **** on my Warrior back when I was 16-17 and now I 2nd and 3rd and so on guess myself before doing it now and usually end up pussy footing it or saying no. I wonder if it's just that I've wisened up or that I know I'm more breakable now?lol

I have to watch taking stuff like the shark cartilige. I'm allergic to shell fish and many of the joint supplements are dirrived from it. Yeah I can easily kill someone with legs alone. All the freakin muscle on them is stupid. Idk what riding you used to do, but, I ride english and compete. Haven't done much competing this year because I've been bringing along a green horse. But, when you play Polocrosse, you get fit quick just by riding to work on your stick and ball skills.
Pleasure horses, breaking them was always interesting. One stud was a pain and decided I need off of him. Needless to say I bet I looked funny flying thru the air!!! Always learned if somethings happening make sure you fly clear, even in a quad accident. The things we ride can kill or seriously injury!

Would you be able to take Omega 3 Fish oil? Im not sure how the shell fish allergys work, but my buddy swears by the stuff. He's the one that had a disc in his back blow out this summer.

I remember doing some crazy **** on my Warrior back when I was 16-17 and now I 2nd and 3rd and so on guess myself before doing it now and usually end up pussy footing it or saying no. I wonder if it's just that I've wisened up or that I know I'm more breakable now?lol
Ive always done some crazier ****, I think now you think things thru a little more. When I was younger I didnt think and usually ended up broke or bloody!!! Ive now figure out that a little more planning I dont get hurt as often. Which is a miracle sometimes like when I demo derby or run a gauntlet race!!! I have a pic of a car that I took into the side of a Town Car in a race at about 50mph deliberately.

i made this thread to pull the "old people" talk out of the show your self thread. talk about you joint problems here dammit!

just started a thread called broken old people to draw away this joint problem talk lol

you may be laughing now but 20-25 years from now you'll think back to this thread and be like Why Me Why!.LMAO!!!

yea but thats fifteen years or more from now! so ya old guys go banter in that thread! wow im being a dick!

yea but thats fifteen years or more from now! so ya old guys go banter in that thread! wow im being a dick!
Well Alex, you could only hope you look like us 15 years from now!!

I think I look damn good for a 33 year old guy that drinks like a fish, and smokes.
If you look like us when your 33 I'll take it all back.

Last edited:
Back