Broken motor mounts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baddawg

Reaction score
Just discovered both top motor mounts are broken and checked to see what was already covered on here.Turns out the lower mounts had loosened up.I've decided to weld it with washers on both sides,just wondering how this has worked out for anyone else.Is this still a recurring problem to watch out for after the repair?

Weld them up good or replace them, and as long as the other mounts are tight, you'll never have a problem. The only time i've ever seen broken upper mounts on warriors was when the lower mounts were loose, or sometimes in a crash bad enough to flex the frame. Keep them tight and don't crash, you'll be golden.

Also, new mounts are pretty cheap from the dealer if the repair doesn't work out as you plan.

Thanks for the offer but I,ve got mine welded.I noticed that the lower front mount has a gap between the two frame tabs and the piece of the block that the bolt goes through.Even with the bolt tightened there is a gap of about 1/8" on both sides.Any
idea whats up with this?
Never mind,found the problem.Frame tabs wore into the mounting tab on the cases.A couple of washers should fix it.

Back