broken crankcase

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorNut

Reaction score
hello i own an 87 warrior and and have broke leftside crankcase tore the chain guard right off and have left a hole right threw have someone gonna try and weld it not sure if it can be done but gonna try and weld hole new peice of aluminum flat bar rolled to proper shape on as i cant find a new one obselete part for 87 and 88 models is there another year that i can replace it with they look the same but dont really no much about it found a few on ebay but they have same damage but found a few good ones there but they are differant years any help would be greatly aprecciated and thank you

1987-2004 warriors are the same and so is the 04-12 raptor cases will also interchange. so any warrior/raptor 350 lh crank case will fit

ok thanks duneracer so do they carry a differant part number and i can puchace anew one then or do i have to find a used one still and thanks again

If you try to weld that use a tig..
But chances are your going to need to replace that side of the case..

ya iam going in to this knowing that but i have a friend that works as a welder at colbys so he is gonna give it to a guy at work that welds aluminum all day will pre heat it and use aheat blanket when he is done so being done right but still no garuntee it will work or wont warp

ya iam going in to this knowing that but i have a friend that works as a welder at colbys so he is gonna give it to a guy at work that welds aluminum all day will pre heat it and use aheat blanket when he is done so being done right but still no garuntee it will work or wont warp
Well I think that the reason most people don't weld them is because they crack?? Then of course leak oil all over the place..

i wouild go used if i remember right its 240$ for a new half case. id buy a used one that isnt busted and run that

ya thats probally what i will do had the money to buy all new ball joints and all the a-arm bearings and bushings but have to use it to fix this now but buying all my parts from the states much cheaper there alredy replaced the tierods with quad boss 12mm for 104 dollars complete vs 90 dollars apiece here plus 40 dollars for the connecting rods each and they are only stock 10mm parts

what about jb weld its not as good as if you tig welded but its a quick fix, just another idea

na plan was to fix what will kill me if it breaks while iam riding now and motor over the winter but now iam just gonna strip it down a re do it all now ready for next year beside havent even been out in the boat and salmon trout and muskie wheather is just about here so iam ok with it

How big is the hole?
Not sure if the JB will work? Kind of thin don't want any to get in to places you don't want it to.
I have used the two part epoxy that is in a clear tube, you usually find it on the counter at a good auto parts store.
Clean the aluminum real good. I used a wire wheel on a 4" grinder. Then clean with good brake cleaner. After that dries it doesn't hurt to heat the spot up with a heat gun(not a torch). Then kneed those two epoxies together(follow the directions) and apply them to the spot. I did this on one of my other warriors it worked well.
Cheap, and very little labor.
If it doesn't work guess what its just still broke and you are going to have to change the case anyhow.
These kind of major repairs I try to save for off season.
My 0.02$

How big is the hole?
Not sure if the JB will work? Kind of thin don't want any to get in to places you don't want it to.
I have used the two part epoxy that is in a clear tube, you usually find it on the counter at a good auto parts store.
Clean the aluminum real good. I used a wire wheel on a 4" grinder. Then clean with good brake cleaner. After that dries it doesn't hurt to heat the spot up with a heat gun(not a torch). Then kneed those two epoxies together(follow the directions) and apply them to the spot. I did this on one of my other warriors it worked well.
Cheap, and very little labor.
If it doesn't work guess what its just still broke and you are going to have to change the case anyhow.
These kind of major repairs I try to save for off season.
My 0.02$

well i think my off season is here this bike is in need of some major overhauling so if iam going to do it iam going to try and do it right i have some pics now will upload them and say what my plans are and will be looking for some advise on what parts and stuff so stay tuned and thanks for all the input

Last edited:
ya i know i can i actually have one that has been but i have decided to just redo the bike now 25yrs old and never been touched so figure if iam going to do it just do it right the first time my friend had the rings and that done in it just before i bought it but it needs more than that valves etc i think it needs a hole new top end jug and cylinder head talked to the shop that did it they had a hard time getting it to stop leaking with just gasgets so figure i will replace the hole thing just not sure what iam going to do with it might over size it might put new sleve in it not sure i can do the work but dont no much about the technical part matching it all up if i change the cam i know doing things to it it all has to match up plus if i keep it stock i dont know much about boring over or new sleeve and somthing about the nickel coating can do one and not the other that is why i have joined this sight iam in no hurry want to learn that stuff and do it right

Back