Broken clutch spring screw...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV98YFM350

Reaction score
Well I was switching clutches today and was replacing clutch springsand in the process of torqueing them to 6 ft lb a bolt snapped? plus they felt really tight to not be at 6 ft lbs. Is there supposed to be a lot of free space in the clutch basket? I could move the whole clutch pack inside the basket and tightened down about a 1/2 inch on either end? and then pow! head came right off. how hard will it be do ya think to get that bolt out?

well is your tourqe wrench working right? and the clutch shouldnt be like that. the bolt shouldnt be that hard to get out as long as it was not damaging the threads.

not sure, apparently it wasn't :/ Yea I thought they were supposed to be tight in the basket, but everything appeared lined up and center nut went right back where it was? i figure a little left handed drill bit should screw it out...

left hand drill bit should do it. i dont think you aligned everything correctly.

oh well, try and try again i guess. the clutchpack should be tight in the basket right?

same thing happened to me, not with the pack being loose but when i replaced my clutch i over torqued a bolt ( turns out my wrench was at 16 ft lbs NOT 6, my bad). Luckily i have an extra clutch cover with the bolts and they are the same thread as the clutch spring bolts, different head but it still holds the spring in place. Definitely easy to break

One time after I put mine back together the plates were All still loose. Something got out of alignment while putting it together. luckily nothing broke on me. Sounds like maybe what u did.

Back