bright Red Head Pipe

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badass123456789

Reaction score
got a question i got my quad running the other day and my header pipe was glowing bright red would any one have any ideas on what would be causing this help would be appreciated

your bike is runnign way to lean u need to richen it up runnig it to lean willl cause prolbums starting it and running

not relly is your carb is running to lean its getting more air then gas mixture and causeing it to heat up more then stay in the cool range

would having a buckled exhaust have anything to do with my head pipe glowing red

How buckled is it??

If it is holding back the exhaust from escaping it most certainly can cause it to get that hot.

idk the people i bought it from beat the **** out of it there was soooo much **** they did to it but i fixed all of it but yea the pipe has two buckles in it they are not that bad

Posted by Warrior Rider 761 on Aug 21, 2006, 10:12pm
got a question i got my quad running the other day and my header pipe was glowing bright red would any one have any ideas on what would be causing this help would be appreciated

was it sitting still and idiling? My header will glow red if it sits and runs for more than about 2 min after getting warmed up...... and my jetting is spot on. I know this is a commin thing on four-stroke motocross bikes too....just a thought.

ya mine turnes purple but my settings are right on, or rich i made sure the quad wasnt running lean. just turn the mixture screw out half turn to start or more if you need it.

Definitely check the intake boot! Mine cracked and was sucking just a little bit of air and I was having thins problem, plus a high idle.

Back