breaking tire beads?!?!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtstalker

Reaction score
whats the trick on this guys? been fighting with em all day and ain't getting no where!

I've tried that. With a 3/4 ton chevy. still not popping. i've tried the jack under the bumper method also. the beads aren't budging one bit.

Go to walmart pay 10 bucks for them to break beads i fought with mine for like 3 hrs before i said **** it

Deflate the tires all the way, and go make a sharp turn in the yard. Will pop both beads. That's how I got mine!

yeah, i'm about to take em to tire shop and let em take em off and mount the new ones.tired of cussing the sumbitches

I'm lucky I have access to a full automotive shop on post so I just took them there to break the bead. Firestone seated the beads on the new tires for me for free. I brought the wheels there with the tires already on.

Build one of these
230CA3CC-BAD5-412C-935A-5D6F63504F19-356-000002867B4AAB0E_zps628520d5.jpg

I'm definetly gonna build or buy a bead breaker in the future. Usually driving on em with the chevy works fine. but these are stubborn as hell

i use the outriggers on our backhoe the get the stubborn ones... set the weight of a backhoe on it and the son of a bitch is giving somewhere

I am with the girl! We just used bucket ftom the trackhoe! set on the tire apply slight pressure and POP!

Guess we r the cheaters of the bunch! You think those are stubborn, try a 650 Deere Chained Log Skidder tire

Last edited:
I'm lucky I have access to a full automotive shop on post so I just took them there to break the bead. Firestone seated the beads on the new tires for me for free. I brought the wheels there with the tires already on.

Seating beads is the easy part.

Back