breaking in my engine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without hearing it, it's hard to tell. Could be some timing chain noise, slight valve train noise, etc.. If you could post a vid that would be great.

Like 00 said, warriors are not the quietest engines. As far as the timing chain goes, get the engine on tdc and pull the cam cover and see if there is any slack in the chain with just your fingers. If there is it could be either stretched chain, or tensioner spring weak. Also check the valve clearence and readjust if need be. What did you have done to it exactly.

I would check the chain and the valves like I siad. If it is running fine otherwise I'd have a hard time believing it's something major. But, you're there and I'm not, I hate to make assumptions I would like to hear it when you get the chance to post a vid. Warriors are known for a top end tic.

Could be cam chain but im saying you rjust hearing the noisey ass valves these motors have. No getting past that.

I like the way you think. But I mean I will just have to take it back ti the shop. They put it might not have put it back together correctly. That's on them.

copy the web address of the video and post it here. it will automatically show the video.

I couldn't find your vid but its most likely those valves. Also, if they did a valve job it may take a couple of times of getting it hot and letting it cool for the valves to seat "harder" into their seats. Let that metal expand and contract a few times and they do quite down some. I've had times where I've gone to readjust the valves after or during a breakin period and they are a few thousands tighter than what I set them at.

Back