brand new.carb problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 1987 open air cleaner only mod i bought a new carb from zoom zoom it starts fine revs ok but when i drive it and try to give it gas it falls on its face is this a air fuel mix screw prob what do u guys think please help

Sorry about double.postin i didnt see it.so i.reposted turns out.i.was.on.the.wrong.page its a factory carb replacement i cant open it or ot voids the warrenty i jist.want to know if i.can adjust tje air.fuel.screw and make it.work.i.have a open air.cleaner no air.box never.had one can i still make it work or do i need a air box to have more.restriction

Since carb is stock and you can't rejet it, might be best to have everything else stock. You should at least be able to adjust the af screw though.

Can i make it work for one more weekend and make it run better just by adjusting the air fuel i can adjust that and it wont void warrety where should i have it set at u think to compisate for open air cleaner thanks

a/f screw only controls mixture from idle to about 1/8 to 1/4 throttle. If it's not running right above that, you need other adjustments. But you can set the screw to 1 1/2 and go from there.

If i restrict tje airflow goi.g in will that help like put a piece of tin around the aircleaner

Im on the tjerd notch now for the needle im guessing im lacking in fuel because i have more air going into the motor from having open air cleaner can i rase tbe nidle up one notch will that help up is more fuel down is less right

alright are you gonna jet it? if your not gonna pull the bowl off and re jet then put the stock intake back on.

if your gonna re jet. we can help walk you through that pretty easy.

Back