brake problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03blasterboy20xx

Reaction score
I have a 93 warrior. I bought an 88 brake caliper off e-bay and when I went to mount it the pads wouldn't allow it to go on . I was wondering if I bought 93 brake pads would it allow the caliper to mount. The reason I thought of this is because I took the pads out and the caliper and it mounted fine.

Is the piston completely recessed in the caliper? If so, then you may only be able to try and squeeze on some used pads that have worn thinnner. I believe all new pads are the same thickness, so trying a different year probably wouldnt work.

The pads on aren't flat they go up then come in. And yes I bled the brakes. Are 89-04 pads flat?

push the caliper back in.

Or, if you are REALLY lucky, they sent you an 87 caliper, that needs the funky one-year pads....Like mine. The ones that are NOT square, but a Trapezoid

the ony thing different on the 87 break's system is the ft break's are different thay are like a dimond and the rear system is the same cause i use the new style ebc hd breaks

ok thanks for all the help I'm gonna buy new pads anyway the old ones are wore pretty bad

Back