brake light

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldyeller

Reaction score
Has anyone put a brake light on an older warrior?..I believe they were factory equipped in the early 2000s but my 2001 doesn't have one..It would make it much nicer for trial riding instead of throwing up my arm when coming to a stop..

I just got a brakelight switch off of a 350 Raptor and an aftermarket brake/tail light off Ebay,
easy install,works great.

Easy to install,two small holes to drill.One for an alignment tab on
the switch and one for the spring to hook the brake pedal.

20090615009.jpg

20090615012.jpg

Cool, I just might have to do this, I like to go on night rides and havin a rear that lights up would b nice. Is this a two light setup? (riding light and brighter break light?)

Were does the switch tie in to the wiring harness to receive power for the light??

I wanted the brake light for travelling in large groups,a lot easier than hand signals.
The tail runs off the stock wire ,power to the brake light is hooked into a wire that is
hot only with the ignition on to prevent accidentally draining the battery.
Works good and shiney too, cant have too much chrome.

I have the light on my 89 that works when the lights are on but i dont have the switch that makes the brake light come on when you put on the brake.

im with hotsauce up there, how did you tie in the electrical? did you just go directly to the battery?

Back