Brainstorm Career Ideas?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockgrenade

Reaction score
I really like riding my quads and my new dirt bike, but not sure if I'd cut it going to school to be a mechanic. Any career ideas out there? Just throw em out? I really like my quads and music.. MY CURRENT JOB SUCKSSSS :tdown:

I'm going to go to school to be an automotive mechanic because I originally wantefd to be an atv/motorcycle mechanic but found out that job doesn't pay much

It depends on what you like doing? Why not go for a journeyman welding ticket.. There's always work for welders out there.

Why don't you think you will cut it as a mechanic? If I thought that way, I'd be broke and on my ass. Lol

Huge lack of self esteem. I was always good at school but I'm just not sure if I'd cut it as a mechanic... Although it'd be very cool to tear **** apart and put it back together... It'd be a good job to work alone and be away from people.. for the most part. I hate people. lol

The oilfield. Pays well, see the world on someone else's dime, work 6 months a year get paid for 12. Just a thought. Down side your away from home for long periods of time.

Huge lack of self esteem. I was always good at school but I'm just not sure if I'd cut it as a mechanic... Although it'd be very cool to tear **** apart and put it back together... It'd be a good job to work alone and be away from people.. for the most part. I hate people. lol

+2, I hate people and I'm a mechanic, nothing worse than a fender lizard that you can't get out of your shop! I wanna get my own thing going shortly though, I'm getting burnt out on working for other people.

Last edited:
+2, I hate people and I'm a mechanic, nothing worse than a fender lizard that you can't her out of your shop! I wanna get my own thing going shortly though, I'm getting burnt out ok working for other people.

I hear that... I hate asshole customers. I just hate assholes. But, running your own business has a WHOLE different burn out experiance. Trust me. But, it is better then working for someone, just because you can make your own hours and descissions.

Yeah she's a hottie.. there's still others that I prefer to her but still...

Well yeah there will always be others. That's why you need to wear sunglasses if you have a gf or wife. That way your head stays still and your eyes do all the moving, unnoticed:)

Stay away from autobody!!!!!!!!

Come on Todd you ******* love auto body! But anyway Rock you can always join the Corps and work for me ill teach to tear **** up on everybody's dime Hahaha got ya tax payers!!!!! Hahahahahaha I'm back bitches did ya miss me? Lol

Ya gotta be warped a little to be a "jarhead". But he does make a point, the military is the way to go, especially with this economy, a place to put your head at night, food, teach you a skill, and pay your ass all-the-while. Wish I would have stayed 20. I'm actually using the skill that the navy taught me, in the job I'm at now. $26 an hour to boil water is not bad. I don't think!

But, you gotta be carefull. My friend was in the Army for 5 years before messing up his knee. Had a surgury and they medically discharged him. Can't get **** for a job. Has tried police dept, security, you name it... None will hire him. They won't even give him the time of day.

Back