boots

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaguppy

Reaction score
MSR boots are my favorite. seemslike a good quality build to me, and the aluminum clasps are a must IMO. and they have AWESOME tread on the bottom.

I've been wanting boots for a while now. Nothing fancy. Been looking into the $90-120 boots. Just really want to know if the sizes are acurate with shoe sizes.

I have a pair of Thor quadrant boots. My feet are size 9, so I got a size 9 boot. They actually fit pretty nice. The fit is a bit loose, but just enuf to keep you comfortable. They don't crush my foot, but they don't give me blisters either.

My problem is, I wear either a 12 or 13 depending on type shoe, and maker. Work boots, usually 12. Sneakers 12 or 13. Riding boots(horses) 13.

Finally. Some good advice. I've asked this question before and couldn't get a damn good answer.

I've got some Answer boots. Size 11 I wear a 10.5- 11.
They fit pretty nice.
Kind of hard to fit the toe beneath the shifter though.
May have to work them over with a hammer.
Hahaha

I've got some Answer boots. Size 11 I wear a 10.5- 11.
They fit pretty nice.
Kind of hard to fit the toe beneath the shifter though.
May have to work them over with a hammer.
Hahaha
Lmao.. Thats to funny. I thought about doing the same thing to mine, for the exact same reason.

so i take it two of you have had problems shifting with the atv boots

Thats what I found with my 366.
With the 490 I used a 2 stroke YZ250 shifter, it sits a bit more inward than the stock motor did. I could have moved it up to make it easier to get my foot under. But it seems to make downshifting feel awkward.
Now that my boots are somewhat broke it, it is easier to turn my ankle to get it under the shifter. I walked around in them for a week just to soften them up.

In the long run though, a good set of boots are good to have. They can save your leg from nasty exhaust burns, broken ankles from crashes, broken toes from missed shifts, ect".
I like my boots, they just take some getting used to.

Thats what I found with my 366.
With the 490 I used a 2 stroke YZ250 shifter, it sits a bit more inward than the stock motor did. I could have moved it up to make it easier to get my foot under. But it seems to make downshifting feel awkward.
Now that my boots are somewhat broke it, it is easier to turn my ankle to get it under the shifter. I walked around in them for a week just to soften them up.

In the long run though, a good set of boots are good to have. They can save your leg from nasty exhaust burns, broken ankles from crashes, broken toes from missed shifts, ect".
I like my boots, they just take some getting used to.

did you go from work/hunting boots to atv boots or come from shoes

I have a set of alpinestar size 9 that ive had for years and they still fit me perfectly and i wear a size 11- 11.5 shoe. I do know boots werent the same size as shoes but cant confirm that these days as i havent bought a pair of boots in i cant remember how many years.

I know it's bad, but I still wear running shoes when I go out ripping around. I would wear steel toed work boots on the trails though, before I bought the riding boots.
yeah right now i wear work boots and have not had a problem as of yet(knocks on wood), but at the same point i use to not wear a helmet till this past summer. and i m thinking the boots might be worth it

i just wear a pair of muck boots when I ride i have thought about boots as well but just like some other guys i'm scared to buy them online foe fear of not fitting. I used to have a pairof alpinstars when i was younger but out grew them and stopped riding dirtbikes.

Back