Bogging out on jumps?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slamdam97

Reaction score
My warrior has a problem bogging out when I jump. It runs sweet any other time. When I jump I burp the gas off the jump and if I try to gas it in the air it will bog. When I try to land with the gas on it bogs real bad then takes off after a second. Its always done this, well I don't remember before I jetted it, I've just now started riding a little MX and its a big problem now. I have a K&N filter with airbox lid, dynojet kit, 136 main, I think, needle on clip 4, and 2 1/2 turns out on the pilot. Stock headpipe with an HMF slip on.

Mine always did that when I had the stock carb. I messed around with float settings and the jetting was spot on, so I think it's just a design flaw more than anything. It never happened again once I got the edelbrock. I know the edelbrock isn't in everybody's budget, but I don't know what else to tell you.

Did you remove the slosh guard in the bottom of the float bowl ? Its that little white plastic peice that goes around the main Jet. If its gone then it will bog when you jump.

Did you remove the slosh guard in the bottom of the float bowl ? Its that little white plastic peice that goes around the main Jet. If its gone then it will bog when you jump.

Well that's gay. When you get a jet kit, part of the instructions are to remove that little plastic guard. The jets that come in kits are smaller than the stock ones, so it wouldn't work anyways.

But I still think mine did that when the jetting was still stock, with the slosh disc still in, so that might not be the problem.

Yeah, dynojet tells you to remove that guard. I never thought about that. My buddy has a dynojet kit on his raptor and it doesn't bog at all.

My warrior has a problem bogging out when I jump. It runs sweet any other time. When I jump I burp the gas off the jump and if I try to gas it in the air it will bog. When I try to land with the gas on it bogs real bad then takes off after a second. Its always done this, well I don't remember before I jetted it, I've just now started riding a little MX and its a big problem now. I have a K&N filter with airbox lid, dynojet kit, 136 main, I think, needle on clip 4, and 2 1/2 turns out on the pilot. Stock headpipe with an HMF slip on.

you dont adjust the pilot silly fairy......u adjust the fuel screw :p

[quote:2vygfcw4]My warrior has a problem bogging out when I jump. It runs sweet any other time. When I jump I burp the gas off the jump and if I try to gas it in the air it will bog. When I try to land with the gas on it bogs real bad then takes off after a second. Its always done this, well I don't remember before I jetted it, I've just now started riding a little MX and its a big problem now. I have a K&N filter with airbox lid, dynojet kit, 136 main, I think, needle on clip 4, and 2 1/2 turns out on the pilot. Stock headpipe with an HMF slip on.

you dont adjust the pilot silly fairy......u adjust the fuel screw :p[/quote:2vygfcw4]
Oh yeah, my bad.

Back