Bogging down

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys new here, im having problems with my 2003 warrior. Its like every time I hit the throttle hard it bogs down, and I cant figure out why. I talked to a guy who works on quads and he said put the snorkel on the air box and it would fix it. It helped a little bit, but it still does it just not as bad. Cant seem to figure out why, would appreciate any help! Thanks

check to make sure the accelerator pump is not sticking or stuck inside the carb behind the black plastic cover on the left side of carb it should push down with the throttle and should move back up when the throttle is released
it's the rod that goes down into the bowl

first thing when you get home pull the spark plug and send me a pic
your jetting may also be off my guess running rich which if the accelerator pump is stuck down would make it get more gas than it should and idle rough

It was white. And I took the spark plug out it was black, and my buddy said it was supposed to be like a chocolate brown?

yep so it's running a bit rich
what mods are on it ?
exhaust?
air filter?
box lid off?

Just had cam chain replaced, stage 2 hot cam, rod set, manifold, cdi box, stator, intake valve, exhaust valve, and the carb was cleaned but he had to put a new accelerator pump in there and different jets. It has a stock exhaust, UNI air filter, and air box lid is on, and just put the snorkel on to.

Im not for sure haven't had time to take the carb off yet. I dont know much about 4 strokes just got into them, i've only messed with 2 strokes.

well you could drill 1" holes in the airbox lid 1 at a time until it leans out just enough

Back