Bog down at WOT

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fperri302

Reaction score
Hey guys .. Im having a problem at wide open throttle .. bike runs great all night but when im blowing down the street heading back to my buddies house in 6th gear with her wide open she gets to a point where it just bogs down ... if i let off the throttle i get the power back right away but if i go past about three quarter throttle the problem returns... almost as tho im running out of fuel? Idk maybe a float adjustment or a bigger jet is needed maybe? Anyway i thought id bounce it off you guys for suggestions. Thanks

I would say bigger main jet, or the accel pump?

Mine is NOT bogging but rather sounds as if it is "hitting a rev limiter" when i reach WOT on the road it just goes nun nun nun, (not bogging) just sounds like the revs are bouncing, like the bike wants to go faster but its running out of fuel....

I was thinking maybe the main jet is too big if it bogs at WOT. When did you notice it, have you done anything to the quad, is it new to you, maybe elevation change?

Warriors have no rev limiters. Sounds to me like your dumping to much gas, your to rich. WOT it again and next time pull your plug shortly after. If its soaked, back you mian down one. What is it at now? At WOT it would be your main jet. I'm guessing your a quick shifter and don't really ride out the gears much, I bet it bogs a WOT in any gear.

Yeah i know theres no limiter.... Plug is dry/dark its not jet black but its dark gray.... No other running problems that i have other then at the very top of each gear at WOT it sound like a limiter but i know theres not one....

I know my plug is richer then it should be, but its not that bad at all, its dry too, its not soaked like its flooding....

I thought it was fperri302's bike are juggaloclownz187 are you ridding with him? It shows you 2 live in different states.

Yeah sorry Fperri, not trying to thread jack, just figuring out if we have the same issue or not....

Hopefully we can get this nailed...

Mine isnt bothering me that much where i cant ride it, its just anoying coming from being able to ride the pipe on my 2 stroke to not being able to wind out this warrior, but it only bothers me on the road, my trails never let me much out of 2nd gear, hardly ever in 3rd, so it doesnt affect me that much, but traveling to the trails is a bitch....

It also isnt really bogging per say like a mid range bog would, its just that its cutting out and kicking back in real fast, not where you have to let off like a bog, you can keep it hammered but it "bounces real fast"....

Its a dynojet 150 main ... with open airbox and full fmf system ... next time i ride ill see if it does it in other gears and also take a look at the plug

Back