blaster vs warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smgs92

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a warrior about 2 weeks ago it's been in the shop getting a new starter put on. (the shop is taking forever) But I've ridden it a bit, it's an awesome quad. It's a 99 that's bored .40 over, HMF slip on with powerbomb header, UNI, re-jet and brand new 22in Holeshots' I put on.
I'm about to pick up a 02 Blaster on trade for a go-kart of mine. The blaster I'm gonna pick up has a Tusk HD clutch, RAD racing bearings, gold series fatty exhaust and 240 big bore kit.
I was wondering which would be quicker, the warrior is pretty fast but I've never ridden a blaster.

if the blaster really has a 240 kit it will be way faster than the warrior. even if it just has a fmf pipe and proper jetting it will probably still beat the warrior, but not by much

You'll want to ditch that FMF for an F7 or a Dynoport, find a bigger carb b/c the lil factory 26mm Mikuni is not enough to feed a big bore. Mill and rechamber the head, touch up the port work b/c if it's a Vito's ours kinda tame, good reeds, atleast Boyesons but V3 would be better. There's tons to do to those lil bikes and that WILL run like hell done right. Good luck, if you're not a very big guy you'll love it, prolly sell the warrior, lol! Na, the Warriors are great, I really like mine but I've had a TON of fun on Blastys!

no comparison if the Blaster has any decent work done. it will smoke the warrior. i have first hand experience from being both a warrior/blaster owner at the same time. my warrior is pretty damn stout and my little blasters would walk the dog with it. granted neither of my old blasties were stock either...

Well I'm already happy with the warrior so if the blaster is gonna be even faster, I'm sure I'll love it too.
So even with the warrior being bored out also it's still not a match for the blaster?

My warrior is bored .40 over, HMF slip on to power bomb, new carb(not sure what one but it's not a stock warriors will check when I get it back), jetted, axle spacers, 22in tires, upgraded suspension(again not sure what type but I have a bone stock warrior in my garage and the suspension on it sucks), upgraded A-arms, may have more mods that are unknown but not bad for $1000 just needed a starter, starter clutch and shifter linkage. I also put the new tires on.

So I got my Blaster, it is no where near the power my warrior has. The blaster is bored over I have the paper work but it has stock pipe so it is relatively a stock quad. I picked up a different Blaster than i planned its fully running, only 1hr on it since rebuild and bore when I got it. I'd say 4hrs by now.

Back