Blaster hood on a warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz9291

Reaction score
I remember someone here put a blaster hood on a warrior. And I just have 2 questions. Can I see a picture of it, and how did you do it?

I remember the pics it looked good but the guy said it took a lot of man hours to get it done.

That would be my old quad, here are the pics

IMAG1570.jpg

IMAG1573.jpg

IMAG1569.jpg

IMAG1575.jpg

And here is my post about it from another thread

The blaster hood was far from just bolt on. For starters it was wider than the warrior hood so I had to heat it up and squeeze it together to make it narrower by like a 1/2 to 1 inch. Also have to add about an inch of plastic to the bottom sides in order to fit flush on the fenders, so you need to do a little plastic welding. You also have to trim the back of it so it will sit flush against the tank cover, and heat up the tabs on the top back of it by the steering stem so you can mount to the tank cover. And then finally make some brackets so you can mount the hood to the factory mounts. It took me a couple weeks to get it just right. The best part was that i never saw another quad like it when I was out riding. People would always sit there and stare at it and then finally walk up and say "OK, what is it?" My new "Plastics" project is putting the old style Honda 400ex plastics on my 88 Suzuki LT250R. That will trip people out, they will hear my 2-stroke coming but all they will see is what they think is a 400ex

that doesn't look right. i wouldv just bought an after market hood from maier or something then go to the effort to do that. but it deff looks different so props

I think it looks amazing, and blends in much better than a maier hood.

A bit random, but why are your front shocks upside-down?

I think it looks amazing, and blends in much better than a maier hood.

the front shocks were right side up, the preload was on the bottom like they were supposed to be.

that doesn't look right. i wouldv just bought an after market hood from maier or something then go to the effort to do that. but it deff looks different so props

The problem with maier plastics is that they are just so brittle. They are thinner than stock. Ive never been a fan of the aftermarket hoods for the warrior, and I like to be different. When I was out riding the dunes, my warrior stood out. People had a hard time figuring out what it was. Also the effort was the fun part, I like fabricating stuff, making stuff work where it wasnt meant to be.

i wanna see your lt250r when you get the ex fenders on there

I will post some when I get it done, the hardest part right now is finding a good set of used factory black plastics that a guy doesnt want a left nut for.
here is a pic of a buddy of mine who did the plastic swap on his LT250r. He is in the process of shoving a 750cc street bike engine in his.

250r-400ex.jpg

That looks sick. I really wish I had the money and skill to do this, because I too lik eto customize things. But I have never done it on ths level.

[quote:ik48ld2q]I think it looks amazing, and blends in much better than a maier hood.

the front shocks were right side up, the preload was on the bottom like they were supposed to be.[/quote:ik48ld2q]

Oh, I'm used to the body of the sock being at the top, so it threw me off.

Back