Bigger Battery?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcdatsuns

Reaction score
Can I upgrade to a 12 amp per hour battery from the 8.6 stock one, or will the rest of the charging system handle this?

Can I upgrade to a 12 amp per hour battery from the 8.6 stock one, or will the rest of the charging system handle this?

Why would you want to?

If you need more power look to a higher output stator.

Well, the reason that I would want to do this, is with the stock battery I can run my warn 1500ci winch all day, pulling myself out of places I never should have been in the first place, but, if it peaks above 1000 lbs of force for any reason (which it has before) then it draws more like 10 amps/hr. Now you may say " a winch on a sport quad?" but that's another topic entirely. I'm just asking if the current stator and wiring will hold up to rare and intermittent surges to 10-12 amps per hour when the winch is really working?

That shouldn't matter at all. The battery can put out way more surge current than that. The amp/hour rating is an indication of how long the battery can provide power over an extended period of time (simply it means that the battery will provide "X" amps for one hour. For a surge, these batteries are capable of hundreds of amps. They have to be to run the starters.

Soo, to answer the question, YES you CAN put in a bigger battery.

I have a 25 A/Hr drycell to run my HF winch.

Back