big bear leak

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namelesskilla

Reaction score
i just put the big bear oil cooler on i used 3/8 oil lines and 3/8 barb nuts on big bear oil cap now it leakin and i have clamps on the lines and it still leaks any ideas??

split in the line somewhere? replace the lines or cut the ends off to make sure they arent cracked?

ita a brand new line and i didnt leave that much line to cut some off i was thinkin puttin some silicon(i think thats how you spell it?lol) on the barb and slide it back on...

Did you use thread tape on the barb fittings into the big bear adapter? Thats where mine leaked from at first cause i couldn't find my thread tape.

barb's leakin i used the type, i out the hig temp. silicon on the barbs and sliped the lines back on and put the clamps back on i am givein it 24 hours b4 i turn the bike on to see if it leaks

it leaked.... so i changed to a smaller line a 5/16 we what happens now

5\16 lines with silicon on a 3/8 barb WITH HOSE CLAMPS still leakin slow..... and its the part where the line slips on the barb not the part where it screws in the big bear plate....... SOMEONE GIVE ME THE ANSWER!!!

With mine I run two hose clamps per hose. Cured the leak I had with just one clamp per hose.

well its fixed now i got pissed and did it all over again just didnt add silicon this time and now the bitch works thank god

Back