Better top end?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03yamwarrior

Reaction score
Hey guys just looking to see what I can do for better top end? Seems to fall off in the top of 5th and all of sixth.. don't really want to bore it out or any major motor work. All of this will be done over time. Thanks!

What do you mean "falls off"?
Does it not have enough power to pull in those gears? If so go one tooth smaller on the front sprocket.
If its is "falling off" in all gears, at the 3/4 and up throttle, then maybe your jetting could use some work.
Kind of an opened question, but we will surely help.

It feels like once I get in the higher rpms it's almost like it looses power. If that helps. Sorry about the open question

I just rebuilt the carb haven't got to run WOT yet. Did the pen spring and valve cap mod and running no airbox cover. K&N with outerwears. Stock jets. Think the jets are the problem? Would have run WOT today but snapped the clutch cable 5 miles from home. Had to run back in 1st.

Thanks! I'll try that! Any upgrades you guys think I should do for Niger top speed?

well niger speed is really fast lol, if you want faster go with a 14 tooth front sprocket, you will loose bottom end pull but top end youll gain 3 mile an hour. which is a bunch of top end

That's what I'll be getting next. And how much did lightening that flywheel set you back? How much of an increase noticed?

the only way to lighten it is to take it to a shop I haven't had a problem there are some guys that don't like it because it pulls more top then bottom and trolling through trails is alittle sketchy

Alright I'll look into that to. I run a lot of trails but oh well.

Could I adjust the air/fuel mixture screw for now untill I get a jet? What way do I turn it

Back