Better carrier adjusters??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows where we can get some better, stronger carrier adjusters? The stock ones really suck, and we all know that round carrier swingers are damn expensive!
I'm still planning to build a round carrier swinger. But it won't be built for a while, and I would like to keep the shorter stock swinger for riding in different locations..

Anybody have a lead??

worth a try but why dont you start out with BRAND new oem adjusters and see if it is not just the age alone that is killing them

i could see if i could mod some to accept some finer thread bolts and a bigger thread area so they are stronger. i think that would solve the problems with em.

It was actually the bolt that failed on mine.. But to save bending the carrier mounts again, I just thought I could find a stronger adjuster? But I don't think the R6 ones will work, the mounting hole is to big. Stock or a custom made one are my only options. I hunted all over, and could find nothing. I thought they would at least make them for the banshee, but thats a no go to..

If I could just find a grade 8 bolt that would fit the stock adjuster, I might be alright.. lol

Cool man. See what you can come up with?
Your gong to have to taper the adjuster to fit a bigger bolt, and don't forget that your limited to the gauge of plate you can use do to the way it mounts between the carrier, and swingarm. Just FYI.. lol

If you loosen the upper then leave the lower not completely loose and adjust it then tighten the hell out of the carrier bolts then snug the adjuster bolts then jam nuts. No problems from mine till I cracked the swingarm.

no i mean make ones from scratch dude. shouldnt be that hard.
I know thats what you meant, and no it shouldn't be to hard.. If you have access to a good brake that can make close tight bends? You could probably make it out of 12 or 10 gauge sheet?
But all I was saying was you'll have to kinda flare the end to fit a bigger nut under the front so you can use a bigger adjustment bolt. If you weld a nut to the under side, it might help to keep adjustment better. Then use one to the outside like a jam nut.
You know what I mean?? If you had a bigger bolt, it would make the whole setup stronger.

If you loosen the upper then leave the lower not completely loose and adjust it then tighten the hell out of the carrier bolts then snug the adjuster bolts then jam nuts. No problems from mine till I cracked the swingarm.
That was the way I did mine, and they were fine till the one adjuster gave up the fight. I do think age may have played a factor?

I know thats what you meant, and no it shouldn't be to hard.. If you have access to a good brake that can make close tight bends? You could probably make it out of 12 or 10 gauge sheet?
But all I was saying was you'll have to kinda flare the end to fit a bigger nut under the front so you can use a bigger adjustment bolt. If you weld a nut to the under side, it might help to keep adjustment better. Then use one to the outside like a jam nut.
You know what I mean?? If you had a bigger bolt, it would make the whole setup stronger.

That was the way I did mine, and they were fine till the one adjuster gave up the fight. I do think age may have played a factor?

you will never be able to bend up adjustor out of 10-12 ga metal. the minimim bend radus is too tight. do you have a skid plate on the rear? if not get one i still have the stock adjustors on mine with the stock skid plate and i have no isses.

you will never be able to bend up adjustor out of 10-12 ga metal. the minimim bend radus is too tight. do you have a skid plate on the rear? if not get one i still have the stock adjustors on mine with the stock skid plate and i have no isses.
That might be, but your not make'n 50hp either.. lol
I might try to roll with the stock stuff again, but I wanted to see if there was other options out there?
And yes you could bend that gauge, you would just have to cut a shallow relief before you tried to bend it..

Part of the problem is how these 1st gen carriers mount with the 4 bolts. Upgrade to the 2nd gen style and it should help.

Part of the problem is how these 1st gen carriers mount with the 4 bolts. Upgrade to the 2nd gen style and it should help.
I was actually thinking about that, but I'll never get my axle nuts off now. I used red loctite on them (lots), and would I still be able to use my 1st gen sprocket, and brake hub??? Or would I have to upgrade those as well?

You can use the brake hub. Same part numbers for all years. Just went on the parts fiche, and they are the same for 88 and 97 (the two years I punched in). You'll be fine. The swinger should work with the 2nd gen carrier as well. Don't see why not because the demintions of the whole rear end assy. is the same through the years. Will have to drill out the bolt holes on the swinger for the two long 2nd gen bolts to go through. Those bolts will come out, even with the locktite. Not like you welded them. Put a little heat on them and you'll be good. Even if you strip the threads out who cares? You're going to drill them out anyway.

wait before ya do anything man im coming up with some 1/2 INCH THICK aluminum ones. ill keep ya posted.

Back