best tires for serious mud?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boondock

Reaction score
I have maxxis sur tracs on now and all they done today was sink me in tread filled with mud and that was it no more traction .I need some good tires for trail riding and soggy mud holes

.........................Benjie

maybe mudlites? my Razr2's get me through the rare mudhole I come across, but they sure aren't mud boggers

I've seen a few guys with 660 raptors with mudlite & bearclaw tires, they seemed to work very well.

spider tracs work for me in the sticky stuff, (only good for mud, suck a** in evreything else) my brother preferrs them than his holeshot xcr's

My mudlites get me through alot of gunk as long as I keep them spinning fast. They have huge traction on regular trails too. Great trail tire!

I have GBC mudsharks and they work great in the mud. Also a lot of my buddies have bearclaws which work great too, I think they are one of the best mud tires.

my all trax seem to hook up just fine in the mud and everything else, pain in the ass in the snow though lol :D

Those vampires look pretty good, plus they run with no air pressure in case you get a flat.

I run all tracs in most stuff but if I know it is gonna be real muddy I run realtors and they get through everything I throw at them!

for mud theres only one kina tire for it! That would be the "Super Swamper Vampires" for mud i swear by those things. My granpa has them on his 500 rubicon and my uncle has them on his warrior. {Yea i know, vampires on a warrior...he's nuts. he's running the 22-12.50-9's they definately get the job done.} They are wicked in the mud.

http://www.tirewiz.com/atv_tires/interco_vampire.html

damn bro...lol those things look wicked....wicked heavy haha, they definitely look like they would tear **** up though

000_0476.jpg

theese dont wear down at all, we have roasted them and ridden them soo much and they still have tons of life left

the best mud tire is an outlaw, but the smallest size is a 25, then comes the EDL, only comes is 28in, then the mudzillas 25in up, then iwould say the forth would be the vampire, then the TSL, then the mudlite xtr only 25in up ithink, the the mudlite XL, then the mudlite, all the others one arent great, i personally think mudlite suck, the spider tracs and bearclaws suck, if you think they are good, you havent hit any real mud, i used to do pure mud riding but it tears up **** bad, if anyone wants to argue with me on this PM me b/c i know what i mtalking about.

the best mud tire is an outlaw, but the smallest size is a 25, then comes the EDL, only comes is 28in, then the mudzillas 25in up, then iwould say the forth would be the vampire, then the TSL, then the mudlite xtr only 25in up ithink, the the mudlite XL, then the mudlite, all the others one arent great, i personally think mudlite suck, the spider tracs and bearclaws suck, if you think they are good, you havent hit any real mud, i used to do pure mud riding but it tears up **** bad, if anyone wants to argue with me on this PM me b/c i know what i mtalking about.

Why are all the tires you mentioned to big for a Warrior? Unless of course you forgot that this is a Warrior forum!!!! You would be a fool to put 25 on as that would leave less than an 1" of clearance at the heel guards. ::)

As for Bear claws sucking -as long as I dont bottom out on the skid plate - they pull me through just about anything. The center lug in my opinion makes all the difference.

Id have to say a 22" realtor would be the best just from looks anyway. If the realtors wear like my bandits then they will last forever.

my spider tracs were on my warrior, they are 22's i believe yamarider has 23's

No, mine are 22's. Shitty 22's, but 22's. The sad thing is that these things sell for like $70 apiece (fronts and rears) and they're not that great.

HAHA

that sucks yamarider

well what TYPE of mud do you ride?is it just murky water? or is is semi water-thick mud or is it straight,step in it loose your shoe mud?

i had mudlite's on my recon,they did EXCELENT,but for me (i ride road) wore out to fast

if you want mud lite's but in a 20in size

ITP makes a new 20inch mudlight and a new 22-7-10 mudlite for the front

just my 2cents

Back