Best Product to Repel Mud ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete7072

Reaction score
Went trail riding today on the Warrior 350. I had previously sprayed down the plastics, and undercarriage with WD-40. Worked good when I removed the mud, but still had to break out the soft brush, and degreaser (not just spray down) before I was done cleaning. Anoyne have any good products the help repel the mud, and could be used on engine ?

I sprayed down my Warrior with WD-40 before I went riding, but I was not happy with the results. Washed off, but I had to scrub with a soft brush. Lots of "Spray Nine". Just curious if there's an inside secret to help the mud fall off. I have a pressure washer, but I try not to use, because of the damage it could cause. What do you guys use to clean the engine also?

Thats what plastic polish is for lol the acid is only for the motor lol you dont get really close to the plastics when you clean it

Ya but I have that fake white CF look so its freaks me out to use hash stuff. God only knows how that stuff holds up lol

Dirt track roundy-round cars use either this:
http://www.speedpartz.com/muddoff.htm

or baby oil... and I've seen them use used tranny fluid (yikes!) too!!

I used to use good 'ol Armor All or equivalent on the whole front end of my push trucks. Worked a little, but not great. That red clay is a bitch...
IMG_2104.jpg

Last edited:
well since i did a white on my frame the first time i went mudding i thought id never get it off then i sprayed john deere chain lube on my chain and the black oil that sling all over was on my frame too and i just sprayed simple green and let it set for 3 min and washed with a hose and looks like i just painted it.

well since i did a white on my frame the first time i went mudding i thought id never get it off then i sprayed john deere chain lube on my chain and the black oil that sling all over was on my frame too and i just sprayed simple green and let it set for 3 min and washed with a hose and looks like i just painted it.

I was thinking simple green as well, I do like Spray Nine, but Simple Green was in my mind also.

I want to make it CLEAN, nice and CLEAN. There are stains on the engine, top and bottom, that I can't remove. Any tips on how to make it super clean, like new ? Also any tips on making the plastics shine again? I was thinking a wet sand to remove scratches and then a buff, but it' hard to buff plastics because of the fear of melting.

Last edited:
What I did because I got my Warrior used is I got a toothbrush and some parts cleaner and scrubbed, Worked good but be ready for a sore back!

Watch out using the heat gun around fuel and stuff tho right ;)

Back