Best Performance enhancers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorkustom

Reaction score
I am looking to do some upgrading on my quad. Mainly in the engine area. I was looking into maybe a 446 or 396 kit, and Edelbrock carb, and other things along those lines. Just looking for some input.

If you already have all the bolt ons the 446 and Edelbrock will definately make a huge difference. Personally I'd sink my money in suspension and you'd be surprised at how much faster you go with the stock motor, and your body will take less of a beating in the process.

If you already have all the bolt ons the 446 and Edelbrock will definately make a huge difference. Personally I'd sink my money in suspension and you'd be surprised at how much faster you go with the stock motor, and your body will take less of a beating in the process.

I agree. After doing a bunch of engine work just doing some simple upgardes to the suspension is amazing how much of a difference it makes. Also makes me relise how much money you can spend on a 4 wheeler.

I have a few dollars to play with. Ok so upgrade the suspension. I figured that. Just don't know if I want to spend the money for the 446 or just do the 396. Ok how bout pistons, cams and stuff like that?

Pistions JE or Wiseco.. it depends on how much compression you want to run, 10.5:1 or 10.2:1. They even have ones as high as 12:1 but you'll have to run a mix of race gas. You can also bore 2mm's over and make it a 366cc.
Cams, either Web or Megacycle. Both are great and you'll have to figure out what type of riding you do and what rpms you want the power at and where you ride the most. That will help pick the cam. Like a torque cam or high rev. You'll need valve heavy duty springs as well.
As far as stroking your engine I'd send my cases and crank to CWR and have him make me a 460cc engine. I think he's got better customer support and is quicker the FST.

I do mainly trail riding. With some hill climbs and playing in the mud. What is CWR?

Thanks for the link. Now can some one explain the sleeve part of the engine kits do I just pop out an old sleeve and install this new one? Ok how bout just changing the piston, cam and valve springs? Or What about a hot rods stroked crank and piston? I'm new to all this small engine stuff. All help is much appreciated.

What bout suspension upgrades?

What about suspension upgrades?? What do you want to know?

I want to know what some good upgrade options are? Like I said earlier I do mainly trail riding.

So the hot rods kit is a pretty easy install.

Can someone still explain the whole sleeve thing to me.

The sleeve should have to be pressed in by a shop, you can't do it yourself that I know of. As far as suspension, +2" A-arms, +4" axle will get you wide enough to be more stable but still fit thru the trails. Upgrade your front shocks to something at least dual rate with rezzies, and upgrading the rear shock isn't a bad idea either. Understand that this will set you back a pretty large amount of cash, but well worth it. The fastest motor in the world won't help you go any faster if you can't handle the bike. A good rider on a slow bike with good suspension will be much faster than a decent rider on a bike with a big motor and bad suspension.

The sleeve should have to be pressed in by a shop, you can't do it yourself that I know of. As far as suspension, +2" A-arms, +4" axle will get you wide enough to be more stable but still fit thru the trails. Upgrade your front shocks to something at least dual rate with rezzies, and upgrading the rear shock isn't a bad idea either. Understand that this will set you back a pretty large amount of cash, but well worth it. The fastest motor in the world won't help you go any faster if you can't handle the bike. A good rider on a slow bike with good suspension will be much faster than a decent rider on a bike with a big motor and bad suspension.
hence the reason i am doing my suspenion before motor..im a good rider but my warrior beats the hell outa me

I appreciate all the feedback guys. I may start with my suspension first then. I love my warrior but it seems sluggish to me. I just need to find which suspension parts I like now. I have a pretty good source for parts so now to find if they carry what I am looking for.

I'm still thinking the hot rods crank and piston would be an added bonus to the suspension upgrade. Does any one have first hand experience with the performance of this setup?

Also what about upgrading the cam and adding a rev box?

You can go ahead and build the engine first and do suspension later. I went with a stock bore 10.25 comression wiseco piston, stage 2 web cam, and kibblewhite titanium valve springs along of course with the hmf exhaust and k&n filter. Power increase was good but I still find myself looking for more and more after getting used to it.

You can go ahead and build the engine first and do suspension later. I went with a stock bore 10.25 comression wiseco piston, stage 2 web cam, and kibblewhite titanium valve springs along of course with the hmf exhaust and k&n filter. Power increase was good but I still find myself looking for more and more after getting used to it.
As human beings we will always be looking for more and more. If you buy a 450 machine suddenly that awsome 40HP dosen't seem like enough anymore, so you want 50 and 60, get the point???

yeah dave your exactly right, i mean damn i want a lot more but duno what to do next. thought about a 396 or something but dont wana add an oil cooler, thought about selling it to get a yfz but not sure i'll have enough dough at the end of the summer. duno wtf to do ???

Back