Bending hubs?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncledavid218

Reaction score
Well I somehow managed to bend the hubs on my Warrior. I made sure that the wheels weren't bent by rotating the rear wheels and tires and things were fine. It makes contact with the ground unevenly. It kind of wabbles around. I checked the nuts and they're tight, so I decided maybe it was a problem with the hubs. I looked at the "spikes" which is where the tires bolt onto and two of them were bent every so slightly. I have no idea how to bend these back or even if it's possible. I don't really waaannnnt to order a new one but I could. Bending them would definately be better for me since I'm only 16.

Yeah I now figured out it's the axle. Any simple fixes? We have a pretty decked out garage so if you name it we probably have it. If not we have a place in town that fixes things like axles and drivelines... but I suspect it won't come cheap...

Do you have access to a hydraulic press? If not most garages do and can probably help you out for a couple of bucks.

FCrom Quad Magaizine:

Axle Alignment

Fix that tweaked axle

If you have access to a hydraulic press, you can straighten mildly bent axles quite easily. To straighten it out, put the bent axle in the press, resting it on two V-blocks. Put one V-block out on the flange the hub slides up against and the other block where the axle bearing rides (this way you're working on half the axle at a time). Bring the press ram down near the axle and rotate the axle-get it to where there is a slight gap when you rotate the axle. The closest point to the ram is the high spot. Mark that spot, press on it with the hydraulic press and release the ram. Check your work-it is likely the high spot will not have changed much. Put more pressure on it with the press and then recheck the high spot. You should be able to get the axle true to within 1/16 of an inch. Once done with that side, flip the axle around and check the other side.

http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1133513,00.html

Back