battery or stator??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vestige019

Reaction score
lately (since fall) my warrior seems to not be able to turn over more than like 3 times and like 5 if its warm out before the battery goes dead....

if i hook up a jump stator she starts right up and turns over fine but then again sumtimes the startor seems to kinda choke like it would if their was a dead battery even when i have a charged battery hooked up

so which do u guys think it would be??? ;D

have you trickle charged it yet? if yes and it still is dead have your battery load tested, the battery shouldnt die after turning the starter over 5 times...if its the original its probably time for a new one. and what on earth is a jump stator??? you mean jump starter?

Sounds like your starter needs rebuilt. Mine would turn over real slow and weak, just like having a dead battery, even with a set of jumper cables going straight to the battery on a running truck. The starter brushes were worn down to nothing, and the one wasn't making proper contact anymore. Either take your starter apart, clean it out good, and replace the brushes, or take it to a shop and have them do it. (not a dealer, they'll screw you into buying a new starter for $250 instead). My local shop sells the brush sets for $20, and for another $10 will take the starter apart, clean it up like new, and re-assemble it with the new brushes. From what the guys at the shop tell me, warriors really seem to eat up starter brushes like nobody's business.

i was havin that problem too and it was my battery cz i would go to start it and it wouldnt but if i jumped it off of somethin it would start right up.

I had that problem too even after trying to charge the battery, I bought a new Battery and no more porblems. A stator problem is more or less when the bike is running, it misses bad or dies and the batt won't charge.

I had that problem too even after trying to charge the battery, I bought a new Battery and no more porblems. A stator problem is more or less when the bike is running, it misses bad or dies and the batt won't charge.

alright thanks guys

and sry i havnt been on for a while to say thanks earyler lol

Sounds like your starter needs rebuilt. Mine would turn over real slow and weak, just like having a dead battery, even with a set of jumper cables going straight to the battery on a running truck. The starter brushes were worn down to nothing, and the one wasn't making proper contact anymore. Either take your starter apart, clean it out good, and replace the brushes, or take it to a shop and have them do it. (not a dealer, they'll screw you into buying a new starter for $250 instead). My local shop sells the brush sets for $20, and for another $10 will take the starter apart, clean it up like new, and re-assemble it with the new brushes. From what the guys at the shop tell me, warriors really seem to eat up starter brushes like nobody's business.
alot of it is due to the oil seal going on the shaft, and oil blowing past and eating the brushes, i know when i cracked my starter open it seaped black goo out which smells and dosent seem to come off skin

My buddy has a raptor 350 and called me last night and said my bike won't start he said listen. I couldn't hear crap over the phone so I went to look at it. As I was walking into the garage I heard that noise. before I was even close to it I said battery. Mine did the same thing when I had to replace my battery.

Now today I tried to start my warrior and I hear the same noise. I've had my battery on the battery tender for well over a week maybe even 2 weeks now. But I have noticed that the battery has been getting weaker and weaker.

So what a joy. I get to buy another battery, and well so does he.

[quote:a4yxd203]Sounds like your starter needs rebuilt. Mine would turn over real slow and weak, just like having a dead battery, even with a set of jumper cables going straight to the battery on a running truck. The starter brushes were worn down to nothing, and the one wasn't making proper contact anymore. Either take your starter apart, clean it out good, and replace the brushes, or take it to a shop and have them do it. (not a dealer, they'll screw you into buying a new starter for $250 instead). My local shop sells the brush sets for $20, and for another $10 will take the starter apart, clean it up like new, and re-assemble it with the new brushes. From what the guys at the shop tell me, warriors really seem to eat up starter brushes like nobody's business.
alot of it is due to the oil seal going on the shaft, and oil blowing past and eating the brushes, i know when i cracked my starter open it seaped black goo out which smells and dosent seem to come off skin[/quote:a4yxd203]

Yeah, if that seal goes out it'll tear that starter up real quick. If you would find oil in there you definitely want to replace that seal before you put it back together.

I had a similar issue with my warrior and all i did was add distilled water to the battery and it started like a champ. ;) ::)

yeah i did that but it only held a good charge for 2 days

now that its warmer its alott easyer to start and i even think that my jetting is set for 50-60 degree weather it rann alot stronger today than in the cold or summer.

Back