Banshee shock question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry3182

Reaction score
I have to replace my rear shock, I've read just about very thread here on the banshee and 01 raptor shock upgrade. Thing is I am 250lbs and am wondering how the banshee shock would perform for someone of my size. I know alot of people suggest the 01 rappy for bigger people but I can get the banshee shock locally and it's half the price of a rappy shock that I would have to buy on ebay without seeing it. Right now with the stocker I flatten the rear way down. Thanks

Trail riding, the thing I'm concerned about the most is how far it will squat with the banshee as opposed to stock.

when i got the banshee shock, the back sat a lot higher and didnt squat as easy. i think with the banshee shock there is about maybe at most 1" of sag in the rear suspension compared to the stock which for me was probably around 2.5". but the original shock was really old, from 91. i liked the banshee shock because it did make the back end sit higher for me and i got the preload adjusted pretty stiff right now also. im about 150lbs. thats my experience with mine

Mine still has the original, an 89 so it's toast. I think I'll try the banshee, has to be better.

yea in my book it was, and im glad i have it, just for some people they might not like, but in what your looking for, i think you will be satisfied with it.

Back