Bang for the buck add ons

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been researching possible tuning I can do to my 91 Warrior. I've added a pull start, full Yosh exhaust, Banshee front springs, wheels and tires and some other cosmetic items. I have not jetted my carb (although doing a lot of reading tells me I need to do so).
What is the next step for performance? I know that it is a "Warrior" and it is a "91". My plans for the upcoming season is a nice UNI air cleaner and a Jet kit. Where do I go next for performance? Cam? I'm not looking to drop a 'G' but I would like some more pep.
As soon as spring gets here in Michigan I plan on breaking it down and doing some work.

Thanks for your consideration!
WT

You have the basics as for as bang for the buck. Since any good cam with what you pay for it goes, you need to go webcam, megacycle or poweroll. And any of them require heavier springs. You could also up the compression and/or bore it and also do bigger valves. That's basic modding right there. It really all depends on what you are after.

I'm basically using the quad for trail riding up north and that can go from tight single track to sandy two track. Torque is always necessary but top end is also valued when competing with friends. (I've replaced the gearing as well)

Now is webcam, megacycle or poweroll brands you recommend? Is there a kit that includes most of what I need from a tested and recommended company (personal experience)?

Thanks weston ill pick one up friday. justed ordered a coil for a 04 off ebay so I can do the spark plug wire and cap mod, maybe ill get a gain. :beat:

I have a very nice airbox/filter setup that is a good bang for your buck, thats for sale, garentee to make more power!:tup:

Back