Bad first trail ride experience...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modelking

Reaction score
So I decided to go on my first trail ride with some friends. All was good until the ride home. For the last mile I had a 6th sense that something was going out... At a stop sign I took off, shifted into 2nd and BAM!! the chain broke and wrapped around the front sprocket, destroyed my case, And I had to get pulled home on a HONDA! -_-

We were able to somewhat save the case though, we just cold welded the pieces back on it. There aren't any cracks in it, so it's not completely FUBARed. But not the best first trail ride for me....

But it wasn't all bad, Overall we had a great time. My machine will be fixed soon. My question is have any of you guys had any bad trail experience's this year yet, or for that matter, What's the worst one you've had so far?

Last edited:
That chain looks like it was due for replacement a while ago
haven't ever had any bad experiences yet trail riding for the last 3 years with #5 knock on Dirt

That sucks, bad luck is common for me. Like the two times we drove 3 hours to do a 4 day event with fishers atv world. First time a couple summers ago I blew my new je piston on the first day then last year the intake valve tappet came off on the first day. Luckily I had the honda as backup that time. Had tie rods snap, multiple ball joints and heims come apart, snapped chains, bent wheels

I'm overprotective of my chain. That is my worst nightmare- having it break. I grease my chain after I wash my quad after every big trail ride. You very lucky mango

yup that chain looks trashed. same here i always lube up my chain after every trail ride. put Harrier on jacks, run it in 1st gear while applying WD40 and wiping with a rag. then use chain lube. never had a chain issue.

I just put mine on jacks; leave it in neutral; and spin the back tires while holding the chain with a rag soaked in WD40. Easy as lemon pie.

Back