Bad cdi??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YN89

Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a new rm stator cdi when I first installed it took my rappy for a ride put it in first took off and at like 1/4 throttle it just started to tap out so I freaked and shifted to 2nd then 1/2 throttle it just started hitting the limiter so then I went in to 3rd and the thing just took off pulled so so hard!!! Same as 4th 5th then ran outta room...but why does it tap out soo soon in 1st and 2nd ???? I put the stock cdi back in and 1st and 2nd rode out as normal but didn't have the pull in 3rd,4th,5th is the cdi bad I contacted the eBay seller and he wants me to pay shipping there and back and if tested and it's not faulty I have to pay 15% of purchase price...not nice lol soo what you guys think thnx....

i would start by not buying from them anymore! the shipping i understand but even that should be refunded if its bad.

are you saying its gaining throttle on its own? i dont really understand the question.

In 1st and 2nd gear the bike revs out really quickly like there's a limiter at 2000rpm without gaining any speed but 3rd and higher the bike revs out to like 9000 or so

check your conectors rm stator wires pop out of the plastic plug when pressed together, it cut out on me at 1/4 throotle and i un plugged and 2 wires werent in all the way. im thinkin about making splices and heat shrink them.

With the rm stator cdi I can go all the way up the street in reverse.... Lol The clutch lever???

Humm, I think another member on here had the same issue with them. Deerman. Look for some of his pasts posts. I don't remember exactly what it all concerned, but i know he was having new CDI rev issues.

Same happened to me boss, got an RM stator and them CDI's have a Rev Limter on em... So annoying!

When I talked to the Customer Rep about it SHE explained to me that all Motorized vehicles have rev limiters..... FALSE! The Warrior from factory there is no rev limiter.. Tryed explaining this to her but it wouldnt sink in her thick skull...

She offered me my money back if i returned it within 14 days I think it was.. but I ended up keeping it and eventually buying a good used STOCK CDI from eBay..

Still have that heap sitting in my shed... Never again getting CDI's from em!

Back