backfiring jets maybe?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the two allen heads on the cover on the side of my head( i think thats the right one.)are stripped and locked in place TIGHT. tried some channel lock pliers too with no avail. gonna try again soon, just takin a lil break. shits irritating.

got the bolts off, and the chain is tight. dry though, isnt there supposed to be atleast a little bit of oil in there? i drained it and there isnt much. replacing the filter tomorrow and getting more oil. did find some metalic sludge in the filter too.

also should i lower the clip on the needle jet? i want to get it done now if i should, while its all ripped apart.

Ya it probably wouldn't hurt but those wernt the bolts I was refering too the tesioner is on the cylender on the left side and to the rear its a cast aluminum T shape but its turned about 110 degrees to the front

0426011422a-1.jpg

thanks! now what? lol i took a vid of the sound its making now. fresh oil, just moved the needle clip down one.(clip has one more slot under it). and also put in a 160 main jet. backfire is hard to hear for some reason, idk why because its real loud. seems like now its when i hit the gas it backfire. im lost. tried three jets, now im broke lo

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z147/nightmare0098/?action=view&current=3d68e963.mp4l

video^^

nightmare0098

what about that loud tick at the beginning of the vid lol i feel like its not good at all

if the timing chain is tight and valves are set and it dont sound like some thin is grinding and the oi pump is working there is nothing really to be wrong the warrior is a noisy motor

i havnt checked the valves. and u atleast hear the noise im talking about right? it wasnt doing that a week ago

after you loosen it dont take it out but a full turn crank it and watch oil should run out of it after a fe seconds if its more then a drip its got a good oil pump

Thats a long sentance. Lol. Ill try it and let you know what happens. Thanks for the input

Back