back fire cough

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbcqst316

Reaction score
:argh: I did a rebuild about a month ago. This was not a total but went pretty far. It consisted of rebuilding tarans, not the crank, 3 angle valve job using old valves and springs, new valve seals, rebuilt carb with uping jets and accelartor pump, new intake, upgraded air filter running no lid, and full steel exhaust. done more but this is all could be causing new problem. Last time I rode I noticed sometimes when I stop the carb would cough sometimes when I let off the gas and more so when I stop. Worse than that last time I went out a week ago the starter went out and broke an axle. It hasnt ran in a week. Put the new starter on and noticed with it being cold it will cough and a flame come out the exhaust when u give a high rev. What is causing this now? i'm at wits end HELP PLEASE!

It seems like you did put jets that are too big in it. Backfires out the pipe generally means you are running rich. I would try raising the clip on the needle one slot, and possibly putting a size smaller pilot jet in it.

Thanks for the suggestions, but this dummy found an intake leak.

Back