Baaadd midrange!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

use2boat

Reaction score
Hi all. longtime first time. 02 Warrior, starts right up and runs great. Will idile all day and run ass out fast all day. The problem is getting thru the midrange on the throttle.. going thru that area, it pops, sputters and just runs bad. Once past that area, it screams. I have redone the carb, no change.. richer, leaner.. no change. I did pull the cover to check the stator and found exposed wires and some metal shavings..I know what those shaveings are from and i did learn a lesson. Anyway, replaced the stator and it does run better... but still the same issue in the midrange. Any idea's??

Thanks

I'm new on the mechanical aspect of things, but from what I've read around here - I would guess jetting. Do you have any mods on the quad? Pipe, filter, etc? Have you changed any of the jets in the past?

The more you can provide about your quad, the better answers you'll get.

Sounds like your needle needs to be adjusted, you should be running a 147.5 to a 152.5 main if you run a high flow filter and good exhaust. You need to do a exhaust check to see if the exhaust is black in the mids, or if it is shooting flames out your tailpipe.

All, thanks for all of your help, but i really dont think it is a fuel flow problem. The reason I say this is I have of course been thru the carb several times trying every adjustment. I have even taken the entire carb off the same model and year of bike and its bad in the very same spot. The CDI has also been tested and it tests good. Running out of ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated

Back