Axle Bearing RNR - OEM Dust Covers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxod

Reaction score
First time replacing axle bearings in an ATV today. Was looking at the online microfiche from the Yamaha OEM parts lookup and I see that there are Dust Covers over the outer bearing seals.....the kit I bought from Boss Bearings only included the seals and the bearings....I did not realize there was a dust cover, because the original bearings were so bad, they just disintegrated when we removed them......so we put everything back together with no dust covers.....Is this a major issue? Should I tear it down again and install dust covers over the outer bearing seals? Im afraid I already know the answer to this, but I figured Id ask here first......

Its been a long day, RNRd the axle bearings, cleaned out all of the out grease and put nice clean grease in..... front and rear sprockets, chain rollers and chain......and now I noticed that my top motor mount is snapped off on the right side.....

ok, Ill answer myself.....looks like the OEM dust covers are not needed with the replacement bearings.....

Back