ATV Security

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d.legere86

Reaction score
hey guys i tryed to do a search but didnt come up with much, im wanting to see what you guys do for security. i have put alot of nice things on my quad and dont want it to get stolen. i oicked up 10 feet of the thickest chain and two good locks. when in the back of my truck i wrap my axle and lock to my truck box on both sides of the box. then run a bike lock threw my sprocket and disc break. then when at my house chained to the post and around this big pole. and then the bike lock. so if they really wanted they could get it but they really have to work for it.
What do you guys do for security? im wanting a motion activated alarm im gonna start looking. and it would be nice to have a two way alarm. but dont know how much i want to spend. thanks alot guys happy riding!:atv:

What you have done so far is good thinking. I have a garage I keep my quads in and 2 mutts that sleep right behind them. The motion sensor would be a good investment and also maybe a surveillance camera if you live in a bad area, Also a .45 never hurts to keep around lol.

haha claymore would be good!! i live in canada so no hand guns motion detector and night cam and a sawed off with 2 salt shots one rubber bullet and if they doesnt stop him 2 slugs. should be good. thanks for the fast reply

I keep mine in the dinning room right now. Let them try and squeeze it thru the door.

I'll be doing this very soon.. GPS tracking..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-GSM-GP...47?pt=US_Tracking_Devices&hash=item2a28842b73

Not sure of the exact brand yet though, there are a few options..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=motorcycle+gps+tracker&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=0

$T2eC16VHJGoE9nuQffD0BR!N(JlNWw~~60_12.JPG

I keep mine in a keypad 5didgit access only shop with signs that read
"If you are found here tonight you will be found here tomorrow"
And
"Due to the increase in amo cost do not expect a warning shot"

Never had a problem :tup:

Claymores are really the only way to go. Nothing says don't touch this quad more than missing legs.

Get a sign trespassers will be shot
Survivors will be shot again
And then put lots of clay mores a motion detector and a gps they would have to do some James Bond crap to get that thing!
Luckily I don't have to worry about this tho because everyone is scared of my family but I might just start doing some security so I feel better

Back