attaching drive chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett1994warrior

Reaction score
Well,
I was dreading posting this, as I already feel like a noob, and this seals the deal. As you may know from my other noob postings lol I am replacing my axle with a durablue +2+4. I bought this as a complete rear end just missing rotor, and sproket. I have both attaced now I am just stumbling on getting the chain back on the rear sprocket. I downloaded the free parts manual, and have followed the steps for tensioning chain. I have both carrier bolts loose and I have chain tensioners all the way in. The bottom bolt of the carrier is slid all the way to the top of the half circle track it sits in. I just can't get chain back on. It needs about 6 more inches lol. I did nothing with the front sprocket, so if I was suppose to my bad. I am beyond noob. I have little mechanical ability (learning) and know nothing about bikes or quads. I cant find anotherway to get sprocket closer to chain. Any tricks, or am I doing this all wrong. I spent a lot of cash on +2 a-arms and a new axle, and have not been able to ride. Please help! Thanks in advance!!!

attach the chain, then tension the rear axle, then tighten the carrier down, it should be pretty simple. what lenght is your chain?(how many links) what is your tooth count on the front and rear sprockets? if its pretty close to stock, you shouldn't have any problems

I can't find any position where the chain will even reach the sprocket to attach it. Once I put the upper and lower carrier bolts in there is no way to make it reach. Like I said I am very new too this but only way would be to attach chain then try to put carrier bolts back, but im sure that will not work eaither lol

I have chain tensioners all the way in<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<if your tensioners are all the way IN then thats your problem ,,, they suppose to be OUT ... you tighten them IN as your chain wear/strecths...loosen youur tensioners all the way .. then once your chain is on tighten them , you may have to start the chain on the top of the rear sprocket and roll the quad backwards and pop it on that way ..make sure your tensioners are all the way out and your carrier bolts are not tight.. also that you have a 98 link chain and like hecker said what size sprockets are you runnin .. as long as your not over a15 in the front and a 40 in the rear you should be good once your tensioners are backed off as much as possible take your hand and wiggle the carrier to move it , also helps somtimes to take the rear end and sit it on a block to get the weight off of it

Mine are all the way out. I do not have tires back on yet as I was replacing it all so I had them off. I will get them back on and try rolling it, as I can get it a little on the top of the sprocket.

what size sprockets?

what length chain?

it said in ur 1st post ur tensioners were "all the way in"

just be sure not to let it hang up on the rear sprocket bolts , it will get hung up on them use a flat head to pry it off ... be be ez and dont snap your chain , but as long as you got the right chain and sprocket size it should work , idone it sevral times in the woods with another guy warrior he doesnt have a rear chain giude or any common sence and doesnt maintain his warrior so its alway poppin off

Stock sprockets i am pretty sure. It was working fine before I took it off to change rear end, so im sure they will be fine. The chain fit and everything ran good. Yeah I ment I have tried with them in and out lol I will get it partialy on and try rolling it tomorrow. Should I have had it in gear when trying to put it on??

NO...just put it in neutral and put the chain on the top of the sprocket as much as you can then let the tetth of the sprocket pull it around as u roll it backwards also may need to take the bolts out of the rear chain guide and slide it up the chain until u get it on , it will try to bind u up s well

Well just to end the post,,, I figured out my problem. I tried everything for over a week to get chain attahced. Come to find out the carrier that I bought attached to my durablue axle is bigger than stock. It was off of gasmans bike, and has a drain plug in it. Its custom made out of aluminum and sits about an inch and a half back. I had to go from my stock 98 link to a 102 link D.I.D chain. I knew something was up as It just would not go on!!!

Back