Asr vs NEW full flight a arms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PineyPower

Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to getting my tax returns done and went on Full Flight's website to get their a arms... Lo and behold, they've changed their design!
They now use a fixed mount on the inner lower a arm just like American Star, as well as a ball joint instead of a heim for the spindles, just like Americian Star.
American Star says outright they have the biggest ball joints in the industry and use 4130 chromolly while Americian Star uses words like "quality" and "performance" instead.
I know that typically ball joints and fixed mountings are stronger than heims so I guess that can be seen as an upgrade, but is there a reason to spend near 200$ more with a 2 week wait on the Full Flight arms over going with the company that's been using that design all along? Is the suspension geometry better dialed in on the Full Flight arms?
It's worth mentioning, im using the 16.5 shocks off a yfz450 with whichever a arms I get, which I hear the Full Flight arms (old design at least) would accommodate but I haven't heard anything about the Americian Star arms to that effect

While I usually recommend American star any day over fullflight there's 2 problems.
1 American star has been having issues making their product so you might be out on back order for awhile until they cancel your order.
2 American star arms can't be used with yfz shocks. You can do maybe 15.25" max.

Aahhh. Funny I saw on Americian Star selling their a arms direct on ebay (and at a slight discount none the less) kinda a bummer they don't work with the longer shocks. Is it just the mounting location that's different or is there more to it?

Aahhh. Funny I saw on Americian Star selling their an arms direct on ebay (and at a slight discount none the less) kinda a bummer they don't work with the longer shocks. Is it just the mounting location that's different or is there more to it?
Correct. The American stars are actually built correct but the mount position mistake on the fullflights actually makes them work well with yfz shocks.

Ok one last question...
Suspension performance wise would it be better to use the Full Flight arms with how they have the lower shock mount moved out or would it perform better to use the Americian Star arms and relocate the upper shock mount on the frame? I assume one set up would better mimic the yfz's geometry than the other.

Ok one last question...
Suspension performance wise would it be better to use the Full Flight arms with how they have the lower shock mount moved out or would it perform better to use the Americian Star arms and relocate the upper shock mount on the frame? I assume one set up would better mimic the yfz's geometry than the other.
With these arms designed for the warrior probably the fullflight. I'm actually working on mimicking carb yfz geometry now. The biggest difference is the upper shock mounts are actually too close to each other.

Tried and true, noted.
On another note, I had seen a thread on another forum someone doing yfz suspension on a blaster. I forget the exact numbers but it meant moving the upper mounts out something like 3 inches on each side for the warrior and the upper a arm would need to move a bit too

While I usually recommend American star any day over fullflight there's 2 problems.
1 American star has been having issues making their product so you might be out on back order for awhile until they cancel your order.
2 American star arms can't be used with yfz shocks. You can do maybe 15.25" max.
Yeah that was years ago when fullflight wasn’t so good and that was all so to the him joints. I had them on my warrior and the guy I sold it to is still running them an arms. He has the updated ball joints now being fullflight was rebought and they are by far better a arms now. There was some fitment issues also in the early days and the new owners made new jigs and I’ve just installed a new pair of the fullflight elites on my buddies raptor 700 and the fit flawlessly. So I’d say there very comparable to any an arm made. I just ordered a set for a z400 I picked up to restore. Also what’s up Kyle!!😜.

Yeah that was years ago when fullflight wasn’t so good and that was all so to the him joints. I had them on my warrior and the guy I sold it to is still running them an arms. He has the updated ball joints now being fullflight was rebought and they are by far better an arms now. There was some fitment issues also in the early days and the new owners made new jigs and I’ve just installed a new pair of the fullflight elites on my buddies raptor 700 and the fit flawlessly. So I’d say there very comparable to any an arm made. I just ordered a set for a z400 I picked up to restore. Also what’s up Kyle!!😜.
Hey good to see you back. The fullflight arms themselves are fine but I'm upgrading the joints to ones from frap or at least American star.

Hey good to see you back. The fullflight arms themselves are fine but I'm upgrading the joints to ones from frap or at least American star.
I pop in every so often. Yeah there elite arms have the upgraded joints and the sell them to upgrade your old arms. I just ordered a set of elite arms and should be here Monday. What’s going on here. Why can’t I make a new post?

Mabey they moved the button since you were last on... it's here now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410-211142_Ecosia.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410-211142_Ecosia.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 0
They just remodeled my usual wawa, trust me I know the frustration lol.
Anyhow I'm going to go with these arms, now that there's some insight on em. Much like said convince store, I was afraid new doesn't mean improved but I'm glad in the a arms case it does

These are the new full flight elites. IMG_4177.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4178.jpeg
    IMG_4178.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Looks like they just switched to ball joints.
Nah there made much nicer then the ones I had on my warrior and raptor. Muck cleaner welds and fitment. Powder coat is perfect. Plus ball joints. I won’t complain that’s for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpeg
    IMG_4182.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4181.jpeg
    IMG_4181.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Of course thats on a z400, but again it's reassuring that the changes are positive, especially now seeing a thread about locked hiems on the asr's.
Once my full flights for my warrior come in I'll post up pictures for a direct comparison to the old design everyone is familiar with

Of course thats on a z400, but again it's reassuring that the changes are positive, especially now seeing a thread about locked hiems on the asr's.
Once my full flights for my warrior come in I'll post up pictures for a direct comparison to the old design everyone is familiar with
Just hoping that they followed thru and corrected that keep me posted

Latest posts

Back