Are all mikuni jets created equally?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithd

Reaction score
Picked up a few different main jets to fiddle around with my terribly mis-jetted warrior, and the new ones are different then the old one. Are identical in shape, size, length, thread, markings, etc, except for the round head on the old one is much bigger? Only the outer diameter, the inner diameter into the actual fuel pick up part is the same, only the outer part. Are these acceptable?

Mikuni have a couple different styles of jets for there different carbs that they sell. So they have different kinds of main jets.

Dynojets are also smaller in diameter than the original jet. The ones you have should be fine, you just won't be able to use that splash disc that fits around the stock one.

Are you sure yama.. Last I read dynojets jets are sized differently (ORFICE in diameter/fuel flow through the jet) then Mikunis as is kehins. I believe to that the different styles are actually differently sized even if they same number.

yea the my main jet is much smaller in diameter than the original one and it worked fine no problems at all

I wasn't referring to the sizing as in the amount they flow, i'm just talking about the physical dimensions. What I was getting at is if the small diameter dynojet works in the stock carb, a small diameter mikuni should work as well.

10-4! I'm looking through my jetting book right now and it looks like the different main jets are made for different jet needles. Which I guess would make sense with all the different carbs out there.
I'd just be worried about trying to tune it with a different style of jet being that the ofrice may be a different size.

Mikuni makes both a large round head and small round head in the warriors main jet style. However i think it takes the larger style so im stumped without a book to look at for diffrent jets or without seeing your jet in person. Can you post pics?

Small round, and Large round are interchangable on 95% of Mikuni carbs that use round (not hex) jets. The flow spec #'s are the same regardless of size.

Small rounds will always work where large rounds are used.

Large rounds will work where small rounds are normally used, as long as the float bowl still goes flush. It'll be immediately obvious if it doesnt fit.

The stock Raptor BSR should be able to use either without problems.

Back