Anyone ride a Dirt Bike?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbogosia

Reaction score
I am thinking about selling my wwarrior and getting something else. I have noticed that I could easily get a dirt bike for around $1500-$2000. Are these things as fun a an atv? Also what is the drawback to one of those 2 strokes? What should I look for?

Ahh here starts the argument.

Dirtbikes are deff. more fun than quads, but they are a hell of alot harder to control. Also a dirtbike wont beat the **** out of you on a trail like quads. Another plus is that a dirtbike will go through any mudpuddle no matter how deep. Another is when you dont make a hill you dont destroy your machine to all **** and back, simply lay the bike over turn around and go back down. But to each his own. Im not even gonna get started on the 2 stroke thing... the only thing that it leads to is a locked thread and a whole bunch of people arguing over nothing that even pertains to the topic.

Yeah, I don't want any arguments here. My mainissue with my warrior is it really beat me up this weekend. But, after doing some reading I think a good steering stabilizer and some better front shocks would help. I guess I will put my warrior up for sale and go from there.

i like quads better but its all personal opinion. go ride a dirtbike for a while, see how you like it, and if you like it better than your quad, go for it. i think the reason i like quads better is because i feel like i have more control and i feel i can push harder on a quad than a bike, i know a lot of people will feel the exact opposite as i do but it just seems like i cant get comfortable enough on a bike as i can on a quad to push hard

You're more stable on a quad and your accidents are less frequent than compared to a bike, however when you do eat it on a quad, you usually eat it big with either your and/or the quad taking a severe beating. Either way both are fun. Also, with a bike you have acces to moret trail heads due to its obvious narrower profile.

What bikes are you looking to get?

Not sure on the bike yet. I started looking at the 125's (cr,kx,yz). The thing is I am limited to whatever I could sell my warrior for which is most likely $1500-$1600. Seems like I could find a decent used 2 stroke for that price.

where are you located my buddy is selling a perfect yz 125 its an 01 or 03 but i ride both of them i love them both 2 i personally like the powerband and clutch on a 2 stroke but for me it depends what the conditions are like for tacky to dry weather i like dirtbikes but for sloppy muddy stuff i like quads just my opinon good luck pm me if you interested in that bike

I've owned / ridden lots of dirtbikes, and trust me, they are fun. Just go buy something 1995ish or newer and ride the hell out of it. I've always ridden 2 stroke dirtbikes, nice, light, quick, and smell funny ;)

I decided to give my warrior a 2nd chance and I have an HMF exhaust on the way. Hopefully this and some jetting keep me happy for a while.

Where are you located? im selling one of my bikes KTM 250 exc 2001 2 stroke. Your price im in So-Cal...

I decided to give my warrior a 2nd chance and I have an HMF exhaust on the way. Hopefully this and some jetting keep me happy for a while.
Thats just going to give you more power which means with stock suspension its going to beat you more

Well, the plan is to get a steering stabilizer and some works shocks for the front. Hopefully these mods will smooth out the ride. I also think I just need to get used to it. Really, I was mainly just drained in my shoulders and arms after riding. I am sure once my strength gets better it won't be an issue.

Well plans have changed. I traded the warrior for a 1999 yz 125. The 125 needs a new top end but besides that it is in great condition. I might regret it but only time will tell.

Back