Anyone own a lowered truck??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathius

Reaction score
Ok I need some advice from the masses...
I've been dancing around the idea of dropping my truck this spring, and I've kinda hit a cross road?
I can't figure out what drop would suit my truck the best? I want to keep the truck as a daily driver/grocery getter... The 2 kits I'm looking at are the 4/6, and 5/7.
I know I could do the 4/6, and have some extra ground clearance. But like the extra drop from the 5/7..
I'm gonna run 18's all around. 235/50's up front, and 285/45's out back.

What do you guys think? Would the 5/7 be to low to drive daily?

I'm not into raising or dropping vehicles. Take a side profile pic of it now, I wanna see what it looks like.

I'm not into raising or dropping vehicles. Take a side profile pic of it now, I wanna see what it looks like.
Why? Do you wanna photoshop it?? Cause that would be awesome. lol
This is the only pic on my computer, I'll have to take another one from the side.

Vader1.jpg

Honestly id say it probly has 16's on it now or 15's so id realy just put the 18s on there and see how it looks first before i drop it cuz once you put the tires and rims on there then you can see how much drop you need if any... i have a 2000 Extreme S-10 extended cab onyx black and think from the factory it sits low enough!!!

Honestly id say it probly has 16's on it now or 15's so id realy just put the 18s on there and see how it looks first before i drop it cuz once you put the tires and rims on there then you can see how much drop you need if any... i have a 2000 Extreme S-10 extended cab onyx black and think from the factory it sits low enough!!!

Actually I sold those rims before chirstmas. They were 15's 235/60's up front, and 295/50's out back..
I was gonna drop it first, the rims I'm after are pricey..

Why? Do you wanna photoshop it?? Cause that would be awesome. lol
I don't photoshop. Just wanted to see what she looked like. A pic taken from a lower angle and a hair more to the right would get a really good idea of her actual stance. Those are 15s on there, I would go with a different tire/wheel combo and see what it does. You may want to take it down a smidge to fill out the wheel wells, though. I like vehicles that are down in the front an a bit higher in the rear. Real aggresive stance. None of this lowered getto smirf bullshit.

I hear ya,, i would realy judge it after you put the new ones on first,,, here this in not mine but identical, i dont have any pics of mine right now to post..
1530980001_large_zps6b9230c9.jpg

Well I'm gonna do it anyway....
It makes it easier for me to get in, and out of.. It would also makes it easier for me to work on.

Like I was say'n though. Would a 5/7 static drop be to low to drive everyday?

Dont no how that stuff works but if your saying lower then that id say yeah to low, trust me youll be hitting everything in the road, mines not very low but it even scraps going into driveways and that sucks..

That 2/4 looks like a real street truck. Not like the nigga mobile from the last pic. lol

Uhgh.. I dunno? I wanna go lower than a 2/4..
Don't get me wrong, I don't like the big wheel fad with the stupidly low profile tires. But I do like the ground hug'n stance, over a slight drop with a rake..
My truck would have a slight rake with the bigger wider back tires, but should still look aggressive..

I wish I could find a truck with the drop, and wheel combo I want. But it doesn't seem to be popular.

Back